Doubtful starters for next Test

Dhondy

Re: Doubtful starters for next Test Consider this, Beetle. Flush with the victory in the first Test, India send back Pathan, the only guy to have scored a century on this tour so far. After three successive innings when India have failed to cross 250, how wise does that decision look? Could he have done any worse than Jaffer or Sehwag opening? Would he have performed worse than Ganguly, batting down the order? We'll never find out now.

Re: Doubtful starters for next Test Not much....saddam and the skeleton seem to hog the headlines.... Sehwag is being discussed.... Thank God for saddam ...they will get away lighty... But what is shocking is total lack of criticism of umpiring decision...no one wants to blame umpires for the loss...but the bad umpiring has to be discussed......but no one is blaming them for even a small percentage of the loss. Infact jadeja even said...yah dravid got bad decisions but you can't blame the umpires for that...they are only humans. :wall: :wall: Personally ...i don't know anyone else who watches the five day version....no oneat all. :shrug: hubby says....it's just a game sweety! :roll:

Re: Doubtful starters for next Test He's a wise man, your hubby, Beetle. After what he goes through in the course of his work, all this must seem trivial to him. And I wouldn't get too sore about the media not blaming the umpiring. Never helps. It only deflects the blame from those who have really let us down. I am not absolving Dravid totally here. He was completely beaten on both occasions. I think he is in decline.

Re: Doubtful starters for next Test I think the decision to send back pathan is going to bite us on our backside.... It looks so wrong right now.... Pathan presently is far better batsman than most divas in the team.... He could have opened....(we don't have many good option anyways :shrug: ).....and bowled a few to relieve the main bowlers..... I think is was a bad bad bad move ...we should have sent fatso back... :roll:

Re: Doubtful starters for next Test Dravid will come back for one more purple patch i think before the final decline.... Sehwag may come back to inconsistant form .... Ganguly is a gone case...a few knocks here and there...and political calls to politicians to stay in team . Sachin.....in decline....i don't think he will ever come back...a few centuries here and there ...most in first first innings...he is one of those who will one day regret not retiring earlier....much earlier.... VVS.....i can't say....he has promised to decieve earlier....

Re: Doubtful starters for next Test As they head to Cape Town and a series decider, India need to look closely at their tendency to follow a climb up Mount Everest with a descent into the Mariana Trench. It happened in the Boxing Day Test of 2003 [following the win at Adelaide], and was followed by an abject defeat in Lahore a week on from victory in Multan. The none-too-proud tradition was carried on at Bangalore against Pakistan - on the back of a win at Kolkata - and at Mumbai against England. Maybe there's something in the celebratory champagne but whatever it is, they've become so predictable that it's boring. http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/rsavind/content/current/story/274463.html