Why male cricketers will thwart Sarah Taylor's sporting dream

vvvslaxman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/9803115/Why-male-cricketers-will-thwart-Sarah-Taylors-sporting-dream.html Why male cricketers will thwart Sarah Taylor's sporting dream If Sarah Taylor, England'stop female cricket player, does make history by playing for a men's county team, it would make good viewing but not necessarily great cricket, writes a professional cricket gambler. st_2451259b.jpg .........

In cricket, women as batsmen or keeper can compete with men to some extent as skill not power has more role to play. But in games like tennis, I seriously doubt if any top ranked woman player (say Serena) can beat any male ATP pro with ranking less than 500. (or even 1000). I remember reading Chris Evert mentioning that, when she was no 1 tennis player, she could not even beat her brother, who was not a pro and was just a college level tennis player. Will men play in full seriousness while playing with women? Will bowlers still charge in at 140kph while she bats?

In cricket, women as batsmen or keeper can compete with men to some extent as skill not power has more role to play. But in games like tennis, I seriously doubt if any top ranked woman player (say Serena) can beat any male ATP pro with ranking less than 500. (or even 1000). I remember reading Chris Evert mentioning that, when she was no 1 tennis player, she could not even beat her brother, who was not a pro and was just a college level tennis player. Will men play in full seriousness while playing with women? Will bowlers still charge in at 140kph while she bats?
I think Serena can - she's a different monster.
Karsten Braasch vs. the Williams sistersA fourth event dubbed "Battle of the sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[20] between the 203rd ranked male player Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. The match took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.[21] First Braasch took on Venus Williams and beat her 6–2. He also played Serena Williams and won 6–1 after the Williams sisters, who were 17 and 16 at the time, said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse. Braasch was 15 years older than Serena and Venus, and had drunk 2 beers and played one round of golf that morning.[22] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance" as he claimed he had played like someone ranked 600 in order to keep the game "fun."[
borrowed from wikipedia... :winky: Karsten Braasch competed in a 'Battle of the Sexes' contest against Venus Williams and Serena Williams at the 1998 Australian Open when he was ranked 203. A decade and a half older than the sisters, Braasch "was a man whose training regime centered around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager." He nonetheless handily defeated both sisters, playing a single set against each, beating Serena 6 -1 and Venus 6 -2. According to his own account of the event, he prepared for the game by playing a leisurely round of golf and drinking a couple of shandies. Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance" as he claimed he had played like someone ranked 600 in order to keep the game "fun."