Why no indian players in BBL?

Glad they are staying out of it. We are playing enough T20 as it is. Playing in the Ranji trophy is far more important. I think guys like Abhishek Nayar etc would be much happier and would be more important to their domestic side than turning out for the Brisbane Heat or something for a quick game

Glad they are staying out of it. We are playing enough T20 as it is. Playing in the Ranji trophy is far more important. I think guys like Abhishek Nayar etc would be much happier and would be more important to their domestic side than turning out for the Brisbane Heat or something for a quick game
+1 I don't think the Indian players should play any more leagues. Probably people who aren't on Indian grade contracts can play. We don't want injuries to players participating in meaningless leagues. They are already playing in one IPL+CL20 which is hurting Indian cricket enough.

It's a joke. Playing even in these t20 leagues means younger players going out of their comfort zone and playing as professionals, getting acquainted to newer coaching methods besides exposure of playing in conditions they are not used to. Who knows good performances in these leagues may help them secure contracts for playing FC cricket in those countries as well. Not to be as the BCCI is paranoid about the IPL.

Not concerned one bit about these leagues. But BCCI should at least let them play county cricket if not actively force them. Last year Rahane asked BCCI to play county during free season but he was denied. All our cricketers in prev. gen played county and were better when they returned. (Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag, Kumble, Zaheer) A lot of Pakistani pacers go there and learn quickly, Junaid Khan became a much better bowler after he played for Lancanshire.

Big Bash clashes with India's domestic season, so no point in wasting time on T20 when you can be playing First Class cricket. The BCCI should be more open to the English season because that is off season in India.
I am surprised as to why they are not open to that idea. I find it quite puzzling when players are eager to go out there but BCCI prevents them!

Paksitani's have pulled out from this at the last moment. Maybe BCCI should send some players. I understand BCCI not wanting to allow established players but they should atleast allow Mid level Ranji players to go. Will be a good experience for them and might help them improve.

I am surprised as to why they are not open to that idea. I find it quite puzzling when players are eager to go out there but BCCI prevents them!
Yeah, agreed. Though county teams mostly want India players only they could play the lower level there too. Btw, who has BCCI prevented in recent times ?

I would rather have say someone like Jadeja play in BBL than rake up another 300 in Ranji. BCCI needs to identify players whi fit into the LOI scheme of things and encourage them to play leagues like BBL,etc...They gain experience playing in foregin conditions,some of these leagues have better fielding standards than IPL,so that might improve their fielding,etc. I don't see any harm in sending some fringe players to play in these leagues. Bangla and Srilanka premier league are a waste of time though.

Great bowlers are made in English county cricket wasim,imran,waqar,steyn,The west Indians all improved by playing county cricket unfortunately with these crap t20 leagues most players only play the t20 tournament in the uk now a days e.g. junaid signed for Lancashire but didn't play any fc games. Amir was set for a 100k contract with Yorkshire I believe if he didn't get caught, can only imagine how good he would be after a few seasons in county. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/cricket/3134098/Mohammed-Amir-has-blown-his-chance-of-a-Yorkshire-contract.html

Amir was set for a 100k contract with Yorkshire I believe if he didn't get caught, can only imagine how good he would be after a few seasons in county.
you are more concerned with him getting caught than him cheating? I am sure if he didnt get caught that time, he would have continued selling his game to the highest bidder