Pep Guardiola: Bayern Munich to appoint Spaniard as manager

1983-2011

Bayern Munich have confirmed that former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola will take over as their manager at the end of the season. The 41-year-old has signed a three-year contract to June 2016. Guardiola will replace current boss Jupp Heynckes, who will retire at the end of the season. He has been on a season-long sabbatical since leaving the Nou Camp in May 2012. after winning 14 trophies - including two Champions League titles. Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: "Pep Guardiola is one of the most successful coaches in the world and we are sure that he can make not just Bayern, but all of German football shine."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21048679 chelski:hehe:

Well depends on when Fergie does retire. Huge coup for Bayern' date=' delighted for them and I hope they go on to dominate the CL under Pep. Also hope Bundesliga goes on to become the foremost league ahead of EPL[/quote'] it all depends on fergie and he will have lot of say in next managerial appointment but you never know, pep might even fizzle out at bayern

Well depends on when Fergie does retire. Huge coup for Bayern' date=' delighted for them and I hope they go on to dominate the CL under Pep. Also hope [b']Bundesliga goes on to become the foremost league ahead of EPL
Bundesliga is already considered the best league by many. And I don't think EPL is anywhere near the best league though it is the one I follow and watch the most. It has to be La Liga or Bundesliga.

^ Lol, did you expect him to take over at Southampton? There is Borussia Dortmund, though youre right they can not attract- and more crucially retain- players like Bayern. Anyway the champions league will be a huge aim and it is easy for us to say its a plum job but he has all those egos to manage. As has been said it is probably a stepping stone before a job in the EPL, there are no vacancies here now, with the Bayern Manager retiring they did well to secure him as a successor. He is clever yes in avoiding Chelsea!