Pathan fails to turn up for practice!

VADODARA, Dec 31: Will Irfan Pathan play the forthcoming Ranji match for Baroda? While his name has already been included in the probables list for the tie against Uttar Pradesh, even senior Baroda Cricket Association officials have had no clue about Pathan's whereabouts for the last three days. And his absence from the practice session that started at IPCL grounds on Sunday fuelled speculations about his non-availability. BCA officials were expecting Irfan to turn up at nets but even they were surprised by his absence as the match is slated to begin from Wednesday. "He has not called up any of the BCA selectors and other senior officials after his return. We are not even sure whether he would turn up to play or not," said a senior BCA official on the condition of anonymity. Chairman of BCA selectors Dashrath Pardesi said, "I don't know about his whereabouts as he has not contacted me. He didn't appear at nets on Sunday either." The only person whom Irfan contacted was BCA secretary Kiran More. More told BCA officials that Irfan was available for Ranji matches following which his name was included in the team.When asked about Irfan's absence, More said, "Irfan will attend practice session on Monday morning. He was not in the city for last few days and hence didn't contact anybody." The speedster was recently sent back midway from South Africa after his dismal performance. Also, he was asked to play Ranji matches by BCCI chief of selectors, Dilip Vengsarkar. Repeated attempts to contact his brother Yusuf also failed.

Re: Pathan fails to turn up for practice! Don't like to say i told you so, but I told you so. He is poor. He needs at least 2 years in FC cricket before he will reach required standard if he ever does. Kaif fails again, this follwing him getting a pair in another match. He should never play for india again. Raina in the runs again with 70 odd after ton in previous matches. He will be future star of indian cricket.