Dhoni unlikey for next test

CAPE TOWN, Jan 1: Mahendra Singh Dhoni is unlikely to play the final Test starting on Monday with the wicketkeeper-batsman, who has bruised fingers, turning out briefly at the nets on Monday. Dhoni donned the gloves for a short while during the practice session, but the focus was on Dinesh Kaarthick who kept receiving the throws from Greg Chappell and the slip cordon. If Dhoni makes way for Kaarthick, then there would be three changes in the playing eleven for the third Test as seamer Munaf Patel and opener Gautam Gambhir are likely to make it to the final line-up. Patel is almost certain to come in for VRV Singh and Gambhir could replace either Virender Sehwag or Wasim Jaffer, though it seems that the Delhi batsman is set to miss out on a place because of his miserable performances in the last few Tests.

Re: Dhoni unlikey for next test dhoni...replaced by kartick vrv.....replaced by munaf.... sehwag :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: he is still there ...to move down the order...... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Re: Dhoni unlikey for next test dhoni should have played 2nd inning type of knock in 1st inning.. slow and steady.. we needed him in the middle to support laxman that time.. but instead he went for his shots.... i personally dont like it... value your wicket and value your first inning score.. then again he went for fleshy shot to reach his 50 in second inning but got out... KKD looks better test batsman IMO.. the way he handled 20/20 pressure seems like he values his wicket and doesnt lose it under pressure situation.. i hope KKD uses this opportunity wisely.. and make it count because he wont get many in future.. :wtg:

Re: Dhoni unlikey for next test KKD is sure to get a chance in third match...Dhoni has been rested. This news is confirmed now. and sehwag will also play as report suggests..and munaf as well in place of VRV. Gautam Gambhir is sure to get a chance in this test match..this means..jaffer will be dropped. there is no chance of bhajji being the part of playing XI... as kumble will be the lone spinner.

Re: Dhoni unlikey for next test I cannot believe they are going to drop Jaffer but not Sehwag :wall: Jaffer has done badly on this tour too but not as bad as Sehwag. Expect Sehwag to score runs this test match and rest on this knock for the next 10 test matches. Here was a good opportunity to send this egoistic individual back to domestic cricket and get him to work at his cricket. Truly opportunity lost. DKK is a good choice, he won't do any worse than Dhoni (despite the 50 he is still learning how to play test cricket). Dhoni is a far better wicket keeper than DKK surely. Since Dhoni wicket keeping has hardly been a talk of the town suggesting he has done fantastic job with the gloves.

Re: Dhoni unlikey for next test

DKK is a good choice' date=' he won't do any worse than Dhoni (despite the 50 he is still learning how to play test cricket). Dhoni is a far better wicket keeper than DKK surely. Since Dhoni wicket keeping has hardly been a talk of the town suggesting he has done fantastic job with the gloves.[/quote'] My opinion is exactly the opposite. I always rated Karthik above Dhoni with regard to wicketkeeping, but in terms of batting ability - Dhoni is much better, whether it be Tests or ODI's. Karthik doesn't know how to manage an innings and is too loose in his strokeplay. Makes me wonder whether he is really cut out for Test cricket or not.

Re: Dhoni unlikey for next test

DKK is a good choice' date=' he won't do any worse than Dhoni (despite the 50 he is still learning how to play test cricket). Dhoni is a far better wicket keeper than DKK surely. Since Dhoni wicket keeping has hardly been a talk of the town suggesting he has done fantastic job with the gloves.[/quote'] My opinion is exactly the opposite. I always rated Karthik above Dhoni with regard to wicketkeeping, but in terms of batting ability - Dhoni is much better, whether it be Tests or ODI's. Karthik doesn't know how to manage an innings and is too loose in his strokeplay. Makes me wonder whether he is really cut out for Test cricket or not.
I didn't say KKD is a better bat than Dhoni but at this point in time he will do no worse than Dhoni. Dhoni barring the 47 hasn't shown enough character as a test batsman on this tour. I think Dhoni has not really let any obvious chance go by as a wicket keeper. I may be wrong but I remember having been frustrated with KKD's wicket keeping a year or two ago.