Sachin tendulkar vs shahrukh khan

great siri

I read SRKs interview few years ago (may be 2007) in which he was asked who was the biggest celebrity in India. This is what he said : " I was at a party where people were taking pictures with me, all of a sudden I heard a roar and noticed Amitabh Bachhan walk in. I was in line to take picture with him. Everything was cooling down when I heard another roar and saw Amitabh Bachhan going to the door to take picture with someone. It was Sachin Tendulkar." Sums it up for me.
Between these 3, you can switch the names around (based on who was being interviewed), and the story would still be believable.

In general' date=' movie celebs are much much more popular then sportsperson. Movies reach a larger audience than sports does. A lot of people don't give a feck about sports.[/quote'] A lot more do not give a feck about Movies also particularly men in villages sports is mostly preffered to movies. Movies are for entertainment ,sports is passion of people.Popularity does not mean how many people know u Ajmal kasab is known world over also.Thing is how many people like u.

IMHO, endorsements anyway fall in territory of movie stars as they involve fair bit of acting. So comparing a sports star with a movie star on basis on endorsements is like giving a headstart of 50m in 100m race. So I don't think if this gap represents anything. This is a bit of misconception that far-off places don't know who Sachin is. I can say atleast from my experience of mainland Europe. (I had not read second paragraph of your post before writing my own)
Dhoni,Shahrukh Generally endorse every brand be it alcohol or tobacco,Even dhoni is alright with it.Sachin has some exceptions in which products he endorses.:hatsoff:

That can't be right. google trends gives more accurate picture of 'web search' based popularity. http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=sachin%20tendulkar,%20shahrukh%20khan TAeSy0Y.jpg
Let me break the bubble. The fact is the term "Shahrukh Khan" is getting boost from the word Khan popularized by other well known khans. However, put the two names in quotes to override that error and presto, SRT comes out the clear winner. x2tqc8.jpg :bow:

GoogleFight is a joke, don't you think? LHvrWJg.jpghttp://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Shahrukh+Khan&word2=Sachin+Tendulkar
Let me break the bubble. The fact is the term "Shahrukh Khan" is getting boost from the word Khan popularized by other well known khans. However, put the two names in quotes to override that error and presto, SRT comes out the clear winner. x2tqc8.jpg :bow:
And let me burst that bubble. Expand the search limitation to "Worldwide" and presto, SRK is the Baadsah! :winky: FGDfdiR.jpg