Dhoni overtakes Ganguly's tally of 21 test wins as captain

saneindian

Indian drew both home series against SA with or without Dhoni. So where is difference? India won in England without Dhoni 1-0, close to 2-0. India lost to England 0-4 in England with Dhoni. That is the difference.
Firstly, that 1-0 was also because of Dhoni otherwise would have been 1-1. Secondly, there was a huge difference in the teams that played. None of our batting stalwarts were in form in the 2011 tour barring Dravid. And Zaheer broke down in the first session of the series. No Kumble, no Ganguly.

What a stupid thread. Dada won many test matches in england, sa, and australia. Dhoni's record is only in india. He can never be as good as dada. Lets c if dhoni can build a team from scratch like sourav and win matches outside subcontinent. One thing i can never forgive abt dhoni is that he played vinay kumar at perth.

What a stupid thread. Dada won many test matches in england' date=' sa, and australia. Dhoni's record is only in india. He can never be as good as dada. Lets c if dhoni can build a team from scratch like sourav and win matches outside subcontinent. One thing i can never forgive abt dhoni is that he played vinay kumar at perth.[/quote'] He could only play what he had at his disposal and he had options Vinay and Mithun and you know Mithun is even worse.
What a stupid thread. Dada won many test matches in england' date=' sa, and australia. Dhoni's record is only in india. He can never be as good as dada. Lets c if dhoni can build a team from scratch like sourav and win matches outside subcontinent. One thing i can never forgive abt dhoni is that he played vinay kumar at perth.[/quote'] Dada won in SA? :hysterical::hysterical: You clearly have a great knowledge of the game. Both have won equal number of matches outside SC. And playing Vinay Kumar was sensible coz it was a fast bowler's wicket and VK was our 4th seamer on tour. Dhoni is no great captain infact at best he has been a good captain but stop selling these hypothetical stories regarding Dada.
Dada won in SA? :hysterical::hysterical: You clearly have a great knowledge of the game. Both have won equal number of matches outside SC. And playing Vinay Kumar was sensible coz it was a fast bowler's wicket and VK was our 4th seamer on tour. Dhoni is no great captain infact at best he has been a good captain but stop selling these hypothetical stories regarding Dada.
This.
What a stupid thread. Dada won many test matches in england' date=' sa, and australia. Dhoni's record is only in india. He can never be as good as dada. Lets c if dhoni can build a team from scratch like sourav and win matches outside subcontinent. One thing i can never forgive abt dhoni is that he played vinay kumar at perth.[/quote'] When did Ganguly win in SA? And Sourav never built a team from scratch!
Dhoni joined a team as captain which was on his way to become world no. 1. Players like Sachin, Zaheer, Laxman, Sehwag, Gambhir and Dravid(to a lesser extent) were self motivated and on top of their form. Presence or absence of Dhoni as captain was immaterial to that ride to no.1 position. Dhoni's role as captain started once that momentum gone and team started stuttering post WC'11. Dhoni's as role as captain came in play after WC '11 only. And since then his record has read: Played - 21, Won 7, Lost 10, Draw 4. Wins (3 against WI, 2 Against NZ, 1 each against Aus and Eng). If you are going to compare Dhoni captaincy with Ganguly captaincy, these are the stats which you should use.
Wasnt it the same team which was doing well before? You are talking like he had a different team after WC 2011 and he lost with that team. How Dhoni's role as captain came in after WC 2011 please explain that too?

Dhoni has won series in WI and NZL where Ganguly never won.He also drew a series in SA where Ganguly have never even won a test. Yes Dhoni was utterly hopeless in England and Aus but to make it as if Ganguly was slways genius outside Sub continent and Dhoni never done anything outside India is plain ignorance.

Actually thinking back i dont even remember us winning a series outside subcontinent under Ganguly.Lost in NZL WI Sa and drew in Eng and a depleted Australia.His only highlight victory outside India was the Pak series win. If anything Dravid has been our best test captain overseas regardless of the no of wins.Won in England after 21 years , won in WI after 30-40 years and even won a test and competed in SA for the first time in our history.Obviously he will never get Credit for Captaincy because of the disastrous world Cup but think he has actually been our best captain in test cricket in recent memory atleast based on results.

Actually thinking back i dont even remember us winning a series outside subcontinent under Ganguly.Lost in NZL WI Sa and drew in Eng and a depleted Australia.His only highlight victory outside India was the Pak series win. If anything Dravid has been our best test captain overseas regardless of the no of wins.Won in England after 21 years , won in WI after 30-40 years and even won a test and competed in SA for the first time in our history.Obviously he will never get Credit for Captaincy because of the disastrous world but think he has actually been our best captain in test cricket in recent memory atleast based on results.
1-1 under him in that Pak series. Dravid was the captain in the 1st test :P
Dhoni is the worst Indian captain I have seen(I am watching since Azhar used to captain)' date=' Sachin comes close other than that he is light years ahead in mediocre captaincy, I don't need stats to tell anything.[/quote'] For me, a captain is as good as the team. Let the best captain ever captain Bangladesh and worst captain ever captain SA best team right now and then see what will be the result whether best captain wins or best team wins.
Actually thinking back i dont even remember us winning a series outside subcontinent under Ganguly.Lost in NZL WI Sa and drew in Eng and a depleted Australia.His only highlight victory outside India was the Pak series win. If anything Dravid has been our best test captain overseas regardless of the no of wins.Won in England after 21 years , won in WI after 30-40 years and even won a test and competed in SA for the first time in our history.Obviously he will never get Credit for Captaincy because of the disastrous world Cup but think he has actually been our best captain in test cricket in recent memory atleast based on results.
Rightly put. People just have orgasms when they hear the words Ganguly and captain.
He could only play what he had at his disposal and he had options Vinay and Mithun and you know Mithun is even worse.
but he had options like bk and shammi. He picked vinay and mithun when varun got injured just before the tour. This just shows dhoni is never a believer of pace bowling. We had the best fast bowlers during dada's captaincy and dats becoz he picked fast bowlers not trundlers. Bowlers like zaheer nehra rp singh balaji etc were picked by dada. Even dhoni was hand picked by dada himself. Dhoni can never be as good as dada.
but he had options like bk and shammi. He picked vinay and mithun when varun got injured just before the tour. This just shows dhoni is never a believer of pace bowling. We had the best fast bowlers during dada's captaincy and dats becoz he picked fast bowlers not trundlers. Bowlers like zaheer nehra rp singh balaji etc were picked by dada. Even dhoni was hand picked by dada himself. Dhoni can never be as good as dada.
BK and Shami were no where near selectors radar in Indian team back then and it was selectors who selected the team and Vinay and Mithun only made it to the team one PK and Aaron got injured. I doubt most people did not even know much about Shami then. Shami is still very raw and inexperienced. Where did you get Dhoni was handpicked by Dada? Dhoni was picked because of his India A exploits. RP was picked by dada. He came from U19. not because dada picked him and made his debut under Dravid in Zimbabwe. Nehra made debut when Dada was not even captain. Not one of them is picked by dada.
And in which test matches outside subcontinent did the likes of Zaheer Balaji Nehra shine and win under Ganguly?
2003 world cup.zaheer nehra srinath(remember srinath retired just before 2003 world cup and dada personally met and convinced him to play in the world cup) . Whoever has seen india in the 2003 world cup would know dat that was the best cricket india has ever played.