Dhoni overtakes Ganguly's tally of 21 test wins as captain

saneindian

Congrats MSD on that.. It doesnt erase the memories of 10-1 defeat. We need a 4-0 against the Aussies Personally I feel every captain has a shelf life & I hope MSD quits as skipper after the Aussies series.... It will give someone like a Kohli about 6 months of breathing space before the tough south africa series

For me' date=' a captain is as good as the team. Let the best captain ever captain Bangladesh and worst captain ever captain SA best team right now and then see what will be the result whether best captain wins or best team wins.[/quote'] Captaincy is not about just field placings and tactics.It is about leading from the front by performances. Yes you need a good team to win but as captain you just cannot be a passenger on a good team. Dhoni has been for most part in his captaincy been a passenger without any major performances on the field especially in tests abroad.His captaincy has come across as timid and lack of any foresight. Indian team had worked very hard to shed tigers at home and lambs abroad stigma and to some extent they were doing that till twin disasters. Dhoni is compounding that problem by opting for dust bowls once other team gets on top of the spinners no offense to Ohja or Ashwin they just are not great bowlers yet India has no answer like in mumbai or Kolkatta. It is mystery why Ishant is being persisted over and over again without anything to show for, This guy is done no point in giving him any chances.

As a captain, Ganguly should not be judged by the numbers alone. It is under him and John Wright that we started winning abroad. To me that is a huge paradigm shift and has completely changed the face of Indian cricket. Before that we used to go abroad and get blanked 3-0 4-0 or at best draw a test. Only saving grace was few Tendulkar's or Azhar's knock. That changed under Ganguly and was also pushed forward by Dravid, Kumble and until recently under Dhoni. This does not take away the contribution of Dravid, sACHIN, kUMBLE AND OTHERS...but thse players have remained the same before and after Ganguly. Asides from the victories abroad, Dada was adamant about foriegn coach, physio, and modern fitness drills. He has spoken many times about poor fitness regimes before that. Dhoni is a good captain but nowhere in the class of Ganguly irrespective of the stats.

When dada became a captain' date=' india never used to win overseas. He taught these jokers to win abroad. This dhobi dude has lost 8-0 overseas and still these dumb fans support him becoz he has hit a double hundred on a dusty pitch. Go fap watching it. Lol[/quote'] Dont u Dhoni bashers say Dhoni won so many tests because he got a gifted team, how about that gifted team during 8-0.. Don't they share any responsibility for debacle? We only had 1 centurion in each tour and no bowlers to show for. Any other captain would've done any better?
Both are underachievers. A good number of Ganguly's wins came against BD and ZIM (after they officially became a minnow). Yes, they are the best amongst the list of useless captains we have had.
Dada against all teams : Played 49, W 21, L 13 Dada without minnows: Played 38, W 12, L 12 9 of the 21 wins vs BD and Zim
As a captain, Ganguly should not be judged by the numbers alone. It is under him and John Wright that we started winning abroad. To me that is a huge paradigm shift and has completely changed the face of Indian cricket. Before that we used to go abroad and get blanked 3-0 4-0 or at best draw a test. Only saving grace was few Tendulkar's or Azhar's knock. That changed under Ganguly and was also pushed forward by Dravid, Kumble and until recently under Dhoni. This does not take away the contribution of Dravid, sACHIN, kUMBLE AND OTHERS...but thse players have remained the same before and after Ganguly. Asides from the victories abroad, Dada was adamant about foriegn coach, physio, and modern fitness drills. He has spoken many times about poor fitness regimes before that. Dhoni is a good captain but nowhere in the class of Ganguly irrespective of the stats.
can u name some overseas series which ganguly won for india?? As far as i know he has not won single series outside subcontinent(excluding zim).

Dhoni to me with the team he had 2-3 yrs ago should have taken it next level of performance ( not talking about crap ICC ranking). His closed safety first mindset would have saved a few games but instilled no confidence on a team which could have become one of the greatest in recent times. He had ammunition to dictate matches even overseas like Aus did 10 yrs ago but mental block weighed on him even after WC2011 victory .....then with combination of aging players, coach change, injuries it culminated to probably worst team in Indian history post 1983.

Dada against all teams : Played 49, W 21, L 13 Dada without minnows: Played 38, W 12, L 12 9 of the 21 wins vs BD and Zim
But under Ganguly we used to draw many games ... thats why the results away were not looking that bad .. now we are back to 90s when we were getting whitewashed or losing by a big margin.