Dhoni overtakes Ganguly's tally of 21 test wins as captain

saneindian

From Cricinfo:

MS Dhoni has won 22 of his 45 Tests, the most by an Indian - Sourav Ganguly had won 21 out of 49. Seventeen of Dhoni's 22 wins have been in home Tests, where he has a 17-3 win-loss record in 26 matches. Mohammad Azharuddin is the next-best at home, with a 13-4 record. In away Tests, though, Dhoni's won only five out of 19 Tests, which is joint-second with Rahul Dravid (five out of 17). Ganguly won 11 out of 28 overseas.
Ganguly :hatsoff:
talking about ganguly better overseas record' date=',,i still remember how new zealand thrashed us in 2002-03 tour :sad:[/quote'] Those pitches were the worst of any kind you could play on... It was win toss & win the match pitches. If I am right, Fleming won both the tosses
talking about ganguly better overseas record' date=',,i still remember how new zealand thrashed us in 2002-03 tour :sad:[/quote'] I know we lost badly in that series but if you watched that series properly, you know it was not Ganguly's fault. The pitches were such that even the kiwis batsmen struggled big times against our stupid bowling lineup. It was just not a good enough contest as Kiwis had better bowlers than us for such conditions. I remember Bond and Tuffey created havoc for us in that series. Yet IIRC, there was one test in Hamilton where both sides were out below 100 in their first innings. Zaheer was still very new in those days and Nehra too. They were inexperienced enough to control balls with that kind of swing and seam yet they did well.
I know we lost badly in that series but if you watched that series properly' date=' you know it was not Ganguly's fault. The pitches were such that even the kiwis batsmen struggled big times against our stupid bowling lineup. It was just not a good enough contest as Kiwis had better bowlers than us for such conditions. I remember Bond and Tuffey created havoc for us in that series. Yet IIRC, there was one test in Hamilton where both sides were out below 100 in their first innings. Zaheer was still very new in those days and Nehra too. They were inexperienced enough to control balls with that kind of swing and seam yet they did well.[/quote'] soo if india lose under dhoni captaincy than its dhoni fault but if it lose under ganguly captaincy then its pitch fault. great bengali logic :finger:
soo if india lose under dhoni captaincy than its dhoni fault but if it lose under ganguly captaincy then its pitch fault. great bengali logic :finger:
Bengali Logic ??? Firstly, I am not Bengali and secondly I never said we lost due to Dhoni during 0-8. First read properly and then comment.
Ganguly is still the better Captain and Batsman out of the two.
without a doubt..he played more tests overseas than at home.. but congratulations to msd,hope he builds a better team with a vision for the future ,not his preferential candidates and recycled trash..hope he improves as a batsman and a wk :pray:
without a doubt..he played more tests overseas than at home.. but congratulations to msd,hope he builds a better team with a vision for the future ,not his preferential candidates and recycled trash..hope he improves as a batsman and a wk :pray:
You are Hoping against Hope my friend.