Has IPL destroyed Murali Vijay & Ajinkya Rahane?

Vivek.S.123

How do we know Rahane is "destroyed" when he hasn't even been given a single Test :facepalm: Once again... Tests, odis and T20s are 3 separate formats and folks like Rohit & Rahane can't be deemed Test failures based on their performances in shorter formats. It's not their fault they were selected for these formats when their records clearly demonstrate their preferred format is the longer format (Tests).

Vijay and Rahane won 'ICC Cricketer of the Year' before IPL? How can you destroy something which doesn't exist? Both have one of the worst footwork, they can murder trundlers on Grand Truck Road, but will always struggle against even half decent attack at highest level of Cricket. Sehwag is one rare exception, Sehwag has probably best hand eye co-ordination in Cricket. Even if Rahane clicks, I want guy to join gym and develop some muscles. He is so fragile, only with modern day Cricket bats he is covering his weakness to some extent. Guy looks compulsive masturbator to me. Compare him to 17yr old Sachin, he had such power in his wrists. It will benefit Rahane in long run.

Vijay will always struggle against fast bowlers which is typical of most batsmen from TN like WV Raman, Badrinath, Kartik, Badani etc. They play most of their cricket on slow, low wickets in Chennai. They play spin well and also score heavily in FC in similar conditions but when there is pace, bounce and movement, they will be found out.

Even if Rahane clicks, I want guy to join gym and develop some muscles. He is so fragile, only with modern day Cricket bats he is covering his weakness to some extent. Guy looks compulsive masturbator to me. Compare him to 17yr old Sachin, he had such power in his wrists. It will benefit Rahane in long run.
I suppose Gavaskar and Viswanath were incerdible hulks to perform with the older cricket bats? :hmmm:
Vijay and Rahane won 'ICC Cricketer of the Year' before IPL? How can you destroy something which doesn't exist? Both have one of the worst footwork, they can murder trundlers on Grand Truck Road, but will always struggle against even half decent attack at highest level of Cricket. Sehwag is one rare exception, Sehwag has probably best hand eye co-ordination in Cricket. Even if Rahane clicks, I want guy to join gym and develop some muscles. He is so fragile, only with modern day Cricket bats he is covering his weakness to some extent. Guy looks compulsive masturbator to me. Compare him to 17yr old Sachin, he had such power in his wrists. It will benefit Rahane in long run.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You are one of your kind.

Seriously speaking , Vijay even before his IPL innings never looked like a good player. Biggest weakness was his shot selection, it was just atrocious, too much airy shots. In Tests we hardly see half-decent batsmen getting caught at mid-wicket while playing a flick, he does that in domestic games. His technique was ordinary. Rahane may or may not be better, but as of now I back him to do better than Vijay. Yes, he did show some technical deficiencies but it's not as if Vijay is Rahul Dravid. As bad as Rahane was his LOI career has panned out 10X better than Vijay. We wasted 18 matches in Vijay in LOI, where in 18 innings he didn't cross 40 mark even once(except one against Afghanistan) , even Pakistani batsmen who get laughed at can do better than him.

Seriously speaking , Vijay even before his IPL innings never looked like a good player. Biggest weakness was his shot selection, it was just atrocious, too much airy shots. In Tests we hardly see half-decent batsmen getting caught at mid-wicket while playing a flick, he does that in domestic games. His technique was ordinary. Rahane may or may not be better, but as of now I back him to do better than Vijay. Yes, he did show some technical deficiencies but it's not as if Vijay is Rahul Dravid. As bad as Rahane was his LOI career has panned out 10X better than Vijay. We wasted 18 matches in Vijay in LOI, where in 18 innings he didn't cross 40 mark even once(except one against Afghanistan) , even Pakistani batsmen who get laughed at can do better than him.
++
Even if Rahane clicks, I want guy to join gym and develop some muscles. He is so fragile, only with modern day Cricket bats he is covering his weakness to some extent. Guy looks compulsive masturbator to me. Compare him to 17yr old Sachin, he had such power in his wrists. It will benefit Rahane in long run.
In cricket, especially with the lightning fast outfields, a batsmen can be successful merely with the gift of timing and piercing the gaps. Btw, Rahane can hit aerial boundaries as well....timed ones.

Rahane is an avid gym goer. Just visit his twitter page and have a look of his pics in the gym. Looked to have plenty of power to me in the ipl. More than the ipl Rahane will be ruined if he continuously sits on the sidelines and gets no game. He and Tiwary are basically not getting any first class action of note for the past year or so. As much as I may not like Vijay even he is sort of facing the same issue. He was in the side for england and missed many ranji games. You cant keep people in the squad for long and then expect them to turn it on like a tap

Vijay will always struggle against fast bowlers which is typical of most batsmen from TN like WV Raman' date=' Badrinath, Kartik, Badani etc. They play most of their cricket on slow, low wickets in Chennai. They play spin well and also score heavily in FC in similar conditions but when there is pace, bounce and movement, they will be found out.[/quote'] Rahane will always struggle against fast bowlers which is typical of most batsmen from India like Manoj Prabhakar,Azhar,Yuvraj,Raina, etc. They play most of their cricket on slow, low wickets in India. They play spin well and also score heavily in FC in similar conditions but when there is pace, bounce and movement, they will be found out. :cantstop: there still sounds true
Rahane is an avid gym goer. Just visit his twitter page and have a look of his pics in the gym. Looked to have plenty of power to me in the ipl. More than the ipl Rahane will be ruined if he continuously sits on the sidelines and gets no game. He and Tiwary are basically not getting any first class action of note for the past year or so. As much as I may not like Vijay even he is sort of facing the same issue. He was in the side for england and missed many ranji games. You cant keep people in the squad for long and then expect them to turn it on like a tap
wonder if he uses 2 kilo pink dumbbells for working-out then

Lot having a go at Rahane's Tina Turner physique but what about Pujara? They both seem same to me. @The OP. Rahane is handled by such a captain that rarely gives him a chance and when he does, it is when he is way low on confidence and when you can give someone like Rohit Sharma 5 shots + a T20 despite failing miserly against a lame SL attack they why not give Rahane a whole series too?