Isn't it great to watch an Indian XI without all the seniors ?

Predator_05

it was greaaaaaaatt to see good' date=' old, highhhhlyy experienced and much improved Agarkar playing "for" India.:dance:[/quote'] ... not JUST playing, but carrying over his form from other forms of the game to T20, including his uncanny ability to do exactly as the rival captain wants him to do at any particular moment.
Finally, an Indian team without Draw-vid, Bendulkar, Maanguly or Laxative-man. It's great, isn't it ? If it were up to me, India would be playing this team in all forms of the game
It is?? Where was the authority in batting?? Who did you think could take India to the target?? Where was the middle order?? It was just terrible batting from the middle order even in this format!!

I have to ashamedly agree, it has been a refreshing change. I mean Rahul Dravid is still by far my favourite player of all time, but he'd hardly be suited to this format anyway, so I have to say I haven't really missed watching any of them... ps, on a random sidenote, would anyone agree that Sehwag's baldness is the most sudden that they've ever seen?...

its good for 2020.. for 5050.. u need seniors and u gotta use the likes of tendulkar, dravid, ganguly till they are willing to play for team India..
If you kept players in the team at their own behest, they would never leave. Look at how Ganguly desperately clung onto the captaincy in Zimbabwe, even when he himself probably knew that he wasn't good enough for the job anymore. The only selfless one (comparatively) out of this lot is Draw-vid.
Guest dada_rocks
I have to ashamedly agree, it has been a refreshing change. I mean Rahul Dravid is still by far my favourite player of all time, but he'd hardly be suited to this format anyway, so I have to say I haven't really missed watching any of them... ps, on a random sidenote, would anyone agree that Sehwag's baldness is the most sudden that they've ever seen?...
COB these days rahul dravid is out of place in test cricket everywhere else he seems to be perfect fit.. he slogs wiht those technically correct shots with amazing consistency these days.. His six over point has become my favourite shot.. pure timing pure class..

Rohit Sharma looks like a fantastic player. He struggled at first - couldn't connect with anything and took his time to settle down. His sense of composure belied his age, and he ended up playing an absolutely vital innings for India. Classy strokeplayer. Scoring 50 ON DEBUT against a full-strength South African bowling attack on a difficult batting wicket is something to be proud of. This kid can play - put him in the ODI team for the Aussie series pronto On another note, Dhoni has played very sensibly since taking over the captaincy. I am beginning to gain confidence in him. This kick-@ss young Indian team - gotta love it