Vijay Appreciation thread.

Vijay has bought talent now. But where I don't know. Before he was like a tailender batting with no ability or technique. It's like he has bought talent from someone all of a sudden.
Bought or Rented? Seriously.. I dont know if his ton is going to harm or benefit us in long run.

Vijay had a great temperament. Lost it when he went to aggressive mode for IPL success. BUt he has worked hard and done well again. Talent is not everything, every player can improve if he works hard and hence we should never complain when a new guy gets a chance. Rather what dissapoints me is when people back the tried and trusted failures even when they have a long run of bad form. Players should only be in the team when they are in form else they must go back to domestic cricket.

Vijay had a great temperament. Lost it when he went to aggressive mode for IPL success. BUt he has worked hard and done well again. Talent is not everything' date= every player can improve if he works hard and hence we should never complain when a new guy gets a chance. Rather what dissapoints me is when people back the tried and trusted failures even when they have a long run of bad form. Players should only be in the team when they are in form else they must go back to domestic cricket.
True that
One ball swings and he is gone.He will be a sitting duck in SA.
Ball was reversing whole day for both Starc and Siddle, but he did well. He just did not expect the new ball to swing suddenly as new ball has not swung here at all. In SA ball will swing inevitably, so he will know what expected and will be better prepared for that.
Ball was reversing whole day for both Starc and Siddle' date=' but he did well. He just did not expect the new ball to swing suddenly as new ball has not swung here at all. In SA ball will swing inevitably, so he will know what expected and will be better prepared for that.[/quote'] There was very little reverse if anything. Not sure why you are saying it was reversing all day ? Anyways, reverse is very different to conventional swing. Even Dhoni manages Reverse and Raina, Yuvraj too. For a opener you have to play both sides quick conventional swing.