Random mooring based on Rajeev's second test video

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

In second inning particularly: Jaffer and ganguly litrally threw their wickets. Jaffer went for expensive hook shot in fading lights ganguly went for cute shot through slips. IN my book this is reckless. When u are trying to save a match u try not to put bat to as many balls as possible. This si no time for adventure. DHONI: I saw different side of his batting, none of the big scoring shots had anything dhoni-esque big about it. Dhoni needs to watch the video of his own inning again and again. HE is too good a batsman to eb p0layign those expensive hoicks. You can see majority of his shots are defensive nudged flying through on-side. When u can score like this why go for brainless across the line hoick. At the end even in this inning he eventually got out playing those short arm jabs through cover. It should be big no for him unless bowl is pitched too juicy to be resisted. Certainly not with over-pitched delivery because they come with potential of late swing to whihc he can't adjust. Well laxman mian once again shows his famous face yes there was little uneven bounce but not that extravagant as his crouching legs and clueless face painted. After all ball clipped the very top of the off stump. My verdict is these guys do not take game as seriously as they should. Ganguly would have not touched that ball had it been his first inning after the long hiatus but now he is assured of his place he tries to be cute when it was not warranted, indian prospects can go to hell.. Jaffer well for an opener what he did was criminal. PS: I am still recovering from that loss. Even after all the umpiring fiasco draw was in our grasp but these guys blew it.

Re: Random mooring based on Rajeev's second test video India should have been able to draw the test with a bit of application. It was sad to see Jaffer throw it away the way he did, Tendulkar getting caught at the crease again, Ganguly trying all ways to dismiss himself before steering one to gully. Less said about Motu the better. Laxman and Dravid were the only excusable dismissals. Even Dhoni after playing exceptionally well flashed outside off just before tea. Our tail showed more application than our frontline batsmen for the umpteenth time.

Re: Random mooring based on Rajeev's second test video concur with the OP except:

Well laxman mian once again shows his famous face yes there was little uneven bounce but not that extravagant as his crouching legs and clueless face painted. After all ball clipped the very top of the off stump.
tendulkar in fact, also, hopped as if the ball kept low. fact is, both SRT and VVSL were beaten for length. if u consider where both balls landed, indeed they did keep low. the one that Laxman got would've climbed around shoulder height, so it indeed did keep lower than expected. IIRC laxman went on his toes expecting the ball to come very high and it barely hit the bail anyway. but good stuff, DR. keep 'em coming.

Re: Random mooring based on Rajeev's second test video

My verdict is these guys do not take game as seriously as they should.
i couldnt believe when I saw laxman reading book and listening to music on ipod or something while santh and khan were battling out for their life in middle on day 5.. laxman in particular looks like he is there to show his batting art... as long as he can, its fine.. otherwise its always next time.. and that also answers when you ask why laxman didnt change gears when he was batting with no. 10 and 11.. and remained not out at 50.. yup it is sad to see we cant battle half day to push it to draw with batting line up we got..

DHONI: I saw different side of his batting, none of the big scoring shots had anything dhoni-esque big about it. Dhoni needs to watch the video of his own inning again and again. HE is too good a batsman to eb p0layign those expensive hoicks. You can see majority of his shots are defensive nudged flying through on-side. When u can score like this why go for brainless across the line hoick.
IMO, he is very slow in learning this.. he has experienced players around him that can guide.. wish he had played 2nd inning type inning in 1st inning that could have leveled the score.. and on other note, Kumble disappointed me big time in batting.. a veteran of 12+ years and he played like debutant 11th spot player so far.. fishing outside off..

Re: Random mooring based on Rajeev's second test video The frustrating thing is that all the big shots decided to all choke together (apart from choking individually at different times during the series). If anyone of them (SRT, Ganguly, VVS) had hung around till the end we would have drawn the damn test.

Guest dada_rocks

concur with the OP except:
Well laxman mian once again shows his famous face yes there was little uneven bounce but not that extravagant as his crouching legs and clueless face painted. After all ball clipped the very top of the off stump.
tendulkar in fact, also, hopped as if the ball kept low. fact is, both SRT and VVSL were beaten for length. if u consider where both balls landed, indeed they did keep low. the one that Laxman got would've climbed around shoulder height, so it indeed did keep lower than expected. IIRC laxman went on his toes expecting the ball to come very high and it barely hit the bail anyway. but good stuff, DR. keep 'em coming.
Rahul no doubt it was pitched very short but then it comes with an advantage too u get to watch the bounce for longer period for short-pitched ball.. at this level this should be countered.. had the bowl hit middle of stump i would have given him benefit of doubt

Re: Random mooring based on Rajeev's second test video ^not necessarily. altho i agree that at this level, it should be encountered. but thats what makes batting on a fifth day pitch a challenge, dont you think?? and dont you think that even the redoubtable SRT got bolloxed the same way VVS did?? misjudgment of length (and consequent height of the ball)??