IPL's News III.

SLICKR392

Anil Kumble has joined Mumbai Indians as their chief mentor, stepping down from a similar role at Royal Challengers Bangalore. Kumble has been associated with Royal Challengers since the start of the IPL and explained that the move was related to his talent management firm Tenvic Sports. "I have made this decision to take up a new assignment based on an opportunity that my company, Tenvic has been offered," Kumble said. "In my discussion with Reliance Group Management (the owners of Mumbai Indians), I find that they have a great and compelling vision for sports in this country, which aligns with my venture Tenvic Sports' aspirations in making 'sports' as the main catalyst of youth development." Kumble, India's highest wicket-taker in Tests and ODIs, is also president of the Karnataka State Cricket Association, which has been closely related with Royal Challengers in setting up cricket academies across Karnataka. In 2011, controversy arose over Kumble's co-ownership of Tenvic that had on its books several young players who had been part of India squads but Kumble consistently denied any conflict of interest between his administrative and mentoring roles.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ipl-mumbai/content/current/story/601644.html

kumble has been dissappointing as an administrator mainly because of his competing priorities.... i honestly thought he would be great as an admin (starting with his presidency of the KSCA)..... but he seems more interested in promoting his tenvic rather than benefit indian cricket. Now he has become a mercenary mentor.... Bottom line is that i agree with the above poster... he should definitely coach a domestic side like prasad (who i don't particularly like but at least he is trying and the results are not too bad with his UP coaching stint thus far)

kumble has been dissappointing as an administrator mainly because of his competing priorities.... i honestly thought he would be great as an admin (starting with his presidency of the KSCA)..... but he seems more interested in promoting his tenvic rather than benefit indian cricket. Now he has become a mercenary mentor.... Bottom line is that i agree with the above poster... he should definitely coach a domestic side like prasad (who i don't particularly like but at least he is trying and the results are not too bad with his UP coaching stint thus far)
Read about what he is doing for Karnataka cricket as the KSCA chairman (honorary) which IMO is a bigger contribution than being the coach at NCA or coaching a domestic side.. New centers, new academies, professional set up, better cricketing facilities at multiple centers across the state, better organized tournament at the junior level, all done since he took over. And why would you envy him running a sports related company to make money? I would hope Tenvic, being one of the very few companies in India working to bring technology closer to cricket in India, grown even further. Being the cricket power center we need more such companies working in the area of cricket. As for working for benefit for Indian cricket, even if he doesn't do a thing after giving it all for close to 20 years, he would still remain a hero.

Anil Kumble appointed chief mentor of Mumbai Indians

MUMBAI: Former India captain Anil Kumble will join the Mumbai Indians franchise as its chief mentor, replacing former South African all-rounder Shaun Pollock. Pollock's contract with the Mumbai team has come to an end and MI, which will be seen in a team rebuilding phase this season onwards, has decided to rope in the experienced former leg-spinner and the third highest wicket-taker of all time. Mumbai Indians have made it to the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) only once, in 2010, when they lose to Chennai Super Kings, and are yet to lay their hands on the title. However, they won the Twenty20 Champions League in 2011. Kumble, who had been associated with Royal Challengers Bangalore as player and mentor the last five years, will now be at the helm of MI's affairs, assisting them as they look to claim the eluding IPL trophy. Mumbai Indians are expected to make an official announcement soon. Meanwhile, the franchise may also see a change in captaincy with Harbhajan Singh likely to make way for Rohit Sharma. This year, 2013, is the last for all IPL franchises to participate with their existing players before fresh overall auctions are held next year. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Anil-Kumble-appointed-chief-mentor-of-Mumbai-Indians/articleshow/18119572.cms
:nervous:

Only in India you can be a president of the state association, owner of a sports management company and mentor of a franchise... taking level of conflict to another level.. try doing this in a western country and you would see the consequences.. I know all you guys love Kumble but tbh I have no respect for him.. if he was an honest man, he should have quit 2 out of the 3 positions he has been doing...

Meanwhile' date=' the franchise [b']may also see a change in captaincy with Harbhajan Singh likely to make way for Rohit Sharma. This year, 2013, is the last for all IPL franchises to participate with their existing players before fresh overall auctions are held next year.
Rohit as captain... :wall: Rohit the IPL batsman is gone :--D
Only in India you can be a president of the state association' date=' owner of a sports management company and mentor of a franchise... taking level of conflict to another level.. try doing this in a western country and you would see the consequences.. I know all you guys love Kumble but tbh I have no respect for him.. if he was an honest man, he should have quit 2 out of the 3 positions he has been doing...[/quote'] KSCA owns Chinnaswamy stadium & will Kumble be in Mumbai during that time? Who looks after the adminstration/pitch preparation ...?
why? Earning money is not crime.. KSCA position is honorary & he believes he has no conflicts
I only said he is crazy, not a criminal. :winky: Anyways, my point is that, Tenvic seems to be the top thing is his mind, which makes him look self centered. It would be best if he doesn't talk about Tenvic even if that is the reason he wakes up everyday.
I only said he is crazy, not a criminal. :winky: Anyways, my point is that, Tenvic seems to be the top thing is his mind, which makes him look self centered. It would be best if he doesn't talk about Tenvic even if that is the reason he wakes up everyday.
See OP.. it says that Kumble is working for Mumbai only because Reliance offered an opportunity to Tenvic

Royal challengers Banglore signed Sandeep warrier for the IPL -2013

Kerala Cricket Association KERALA CRICKET ASSOCIATION Press Release 22nd January - 2013 Royal challengers Banglore signed Sandeep warrier for the IPL -2013 Sandeep warrier- The most promising fast bowler from kerala signed to play for Royal challengers banglore for the upcoming IPL season. Sandeep hails from Trissur and a made a dream debut in Ranji trophy in this season and claimed 24 wickets. Sandeep was amoung the highest wicket takers for Kerala in the last couple of years and selected to BCCI fast bowlers academy this year. Sandeep got a chance to bowl to the top Indian bastman like virat kohli and gautam gambhir during the last ODI at Kochi vs England. Sandeep was impressive in the nets and immediately called for a selection trials and signed the contract for the coming season. The official announcement is subject to the approval from BCCI. with Sandeep S Warrier.
149532_517241188296088_924293689_n.jpg