Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour 2013

Raghav_12

I guess we need this thread to keep track of Tennis tour outside Grand Slams. There are masters and 500 tournaments which are equal or just short of grand slams in terms of playing field and reputation in general. So interesting to follow them. Currently we have Indian Wells Masters on Hard Courts is going on. All big 4 are there. Nadal is playing first hard court tournament in an year. All of big 4 have through to second round, though Andy Murray and Djokovic lost a set each in the process.

Indian Wells is my most favorite tournament. Last year I was there. It's the best tournament if you really want to meet supertars up close. In Grandslams, the practice courts where Federer, Nadala are practicing are pretty far. However here in Indian Wells, after they are done practicing, they literally walk next to us and get along well with public before they enter the player lounge.

So, after long time, we have mouth-watering clash of Nadal vs Federer, tommorrow monring (IST) in Indian wells. They'll play for a birth in semi-finals. Both of them faced stiff resistance in 4th round and each lost one set before winning.

both are in terrible form but after watching fed yesterday ' date='nadal should win this match in 2.[/quote'] yeah.. that was very easy for Nadal... 6-4 6-2. Couple of other good quarter finals lined up - Djokovic- Tsonga and Murray - Del potro.

yeah.. that was very easy for Nadal... 6-4 6-2. Couple of other good quarter finals lined up - Djokovic- Tsonga and Murray - Del potro.
nadal should eat berdych but i must say if its djokodal final,nole will literally destroy nadal

nadal should eat berdych but i must say if its djokodal final' date='nole will literally destroy nadal[/quote'] Djoko taken out by DelPo. :giggle:. DelPo doing some justice to enormous talent (and enormous forehand) this week. Defeating Murray and Djoko in back-to-back matches is some achievement. But final against Nadal should be a different story.

Djoko taken out by DelPo. :giggle:. DelPo doing some justice to enormous talent (and enormous forehand) this week. Defeating Murray and Djoko in back-to-back matches is some achievement. But final against Nadal should be a different story.
yeah certainly,delpo in great rhythm can beat anyone though nadal is clear favorite

SOMDEV VS DJOKOVIC.. O YEAH CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE. Hopefully Somdev will put up a fight
Somdev lost to Djokovic 2-6,4-6. Miami has not thrown much surprises till now other than DelPo loosing in first round itself. Tournament has lost much of it's sheen with withdrawal of Rafa and Federer. It is almost given now that Djoko and Murray will play final.

Djoko taken out by DelPo. :giggle:. DelPo doing some justice to enormous talent (and enormous forehand) this week. Defeating Murray and Djoko in back-to-back matches is some achievement. But final against Nadal should be a different story.
What's funny about Djokovic losing to DelPo? It's not an upset, it's a mild surprise, that's all. At the end of it, you got the impression Djokovic wasn't too bothered by his body language. Almost as if he's saying, provided I make enough points but win the main events, I'll be fine. Much better losing to DelPo in fine tough than losing to someone like Lukas Rosol. As for you and your blind love for Nadal. The way you go on, one would think Nadal was winning everything before he was injured. I'm pretty sure prior to his injury, Nadal was winning the clay events but was not doing anything of note on the other surfaces. Also didn't Djokovic pretty much make Nadal his personal biatch in 2011 and early 2012?

Somdev lost to Djokovic 2-6,4-6. Miami has not thrown much surprises till now other than DelPo loosing in first round itself. Tournament has lost much of it's sheen with withdrawal of Rafa and Federer. It is almost given now that Djoko and Murray will play final.
Somdev was never going to make Djokovic even sweat, he doesn't possess any weapons to troub;e the top players. Miami is basically playing like blue clay at the moment. I can't wait for RG, just to see what level Djokovic has brought his clay surface game to. Whether he can known Nadal off his throne or not.

I am glad Somdev fought in 2nd set. Considering how Djokovic looked in his previous game against Rosol. Rosol is no mug. He beat Nadal last year and is always competitive off late. Djokovic literally thrashed him left right and center. Somdev's 2nd set scoreline 4-6 should be encouraging for him since he is coming of from injury and has already beaten 2 players under 100. Keep it going Somdev.