Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour 2013

Raghav_12

Nadal wins his 2nd masters of the year. Looking at his form it would be hard to imagine anybody else winning at Roland Garros in few weeks time.
Typical Nadal fan mentality, thinking no one else exists. Nadal is Djokovic's b*tch, everyone knows it. Nadal destroy everyone else out there, but he gets destroyed by Djokovic. So it's not hard to imagine someone else winning it. Imagine this scenario, Nadal vs Djokovic in the QF, it is possible because of the seeding, Djokovic wins. Then any number of players could win, from Djokovic to Del Potro or even Wawrinka or Dimitrov.

Typical Nadal fan mentality, thinking no one else exists. Nadal is Djokovic's b*tch, everyone knows it. Nadal destroy everyone else out there, but he gets destroyed by Djokovic. So it's not hard to imagine someone else winning it. Imagine this scenario, Nadal vs Djokovic in the QF, it is possible because of the seeding, Djokovic wins. Then any number of players could win, from Djokovic to Del Potro or even Wawrinka or Dimitrov.
Gentleman, you need to calm down a bit.

Women's tennis sucks, from their play to their grunting it absolutely wreaks. Why would you want to watch a match with half the intensity, half the skill, half the power, strength, pace etc? On top of it all, they get equal prize money. As for Rafa vs Fed, it's embarrassing, such a one sided game. What a waste of money, it's even worse than the beating Djokovic has been handing out to Nadal in recent finals.

Good thing is now he moves to 4th ranking for Roland Garros' date=' so won't have to face any top 4 before SF.[/quote'] Is that because Nadal and his fans like you, are afraid of what might happen should he face Djokovic. I look forward to Djokovic vs Nadal in the final, fed up of his moonballing and top spin forehand.

Women's tennis sucks, from their play to their grunting it absolutely wreaks. Why would you want to watch a match with half the intensity, half the skill, half the power, strength, pace etc? On top of it all, they get equal prize money. As for Rafa vs Fed, it's embarrassing, such a one sided game. What a waste of money, it's even worse than the beating Djokovic has been handing out to Nadal in recent finals.
Hot Chicks :dance:

French Open starts Sunday, the draws have been made. Nadal and Djokovic if they get through, will face off in the SF, not the final. What a blow for tennis, we needed a Djokovic to play him in the final because he's the only one who can challenge and beat him. If Federer gets to the final, he will get smashed.

French Open starts Sunday, the draws have been made. Nadal and Djokovic if they get through, will face off in the SF, not the final. What a blow for tennis, we needed a Djokovic to play him in the final because he's the only one who can challenge and beat him. If Federer gets to the final, he will get smashed.
Bones (or whatever you love to be called), we traditionally have an independent thread thread for all grand slams events. This thread I had started to keep track of tennis activities outside Grand Slams. So request you to open a separate tournament thread for French Open.

Wimbledon warm up ATP tournaments have been won by Federer (Halle) and Murray (Queens) respectively. Djoko and Nadal had decided to skip these warm ups. In Wimbledon we might see some real fight among top 4. I just wish Nadal is seeded at least 4, so that we can have proper semi-finals. As I recall Wimbledon deviates from ATP rankings while seeding players on the basis of their Wimbledon performances. If they still do then Nadal should be ranked ahead of Ferrer. Nadal has had excellent record in Winbledon since 2006. Made to 06,07,08,10,11 finals and won 2 of them. Failed only last year when he lost to Rosol in 2nd round.

Wimbledon warm up ATP tournaments have been won by Federer (Halle) and Murray (Queens) respectively. Djoko and Nadal had decided to skip these warm ups. In Wimbledon we might see some real fight among top 4. I just wish Nadal is seeded at least 4, so that we can have proper semi-finals. As I recall Wimbledon deviates from ATP rankings while seeding players on the basis of their Wimbledon performances. If they still do then Nadal should be ranked ahead of Ferrer. Nadal has had excellent record in Winbledon since 2006. Made to 06,07,08,10,11 finals and won 2 of them. Failed only last year when he lost to Rosol in 2nd round.
Stupid Wimbledon people have seeded Nadal 5th :mad:, now one of Djoko, Murray or Federer likely to suffer in quarters itself.

Does Fed even want to play WTFs this year? Here are the schedules for the players competing for the final spots: Wawrinka plays: Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Shanghai, Moscow, Basel, Paris = 6 Gasquet plays: Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Moscow, Basel, Paris = 6 Tsonga plays: Metz, Tokyo, Shanghai, Vienna, Paris = 5 Federer plays: Shanghai, Basel, Paris = 3 He's playing less events, got a few big points to defend, what is he thinking? Wawrinka is looking dangerous, Tsonga will be fresh and Gasquet has got two easy events. They do vary in terms of points, for example I think Mets, Moscow and Vienna are all 250 events, Basel and Beijing are 500 and only two more 1000 events left. Is retirement imminent? I think so.

Does Fed even want to play WTFs this year? Here are the schedules for the players competing for the final spots: Wawrinka plays: Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Shanghai, Moscow, Basel, Paris = 6 Gasquet plays: Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Moscow, Basel, Paris = 6 Tsonga plays: Metz, Tokyo, Shanghai, Vienna, Paris = 5 Federer plays: Shanghai, Basel, Paris = 3 He's playing less events, got a few big points to defend, what is he thinking? Wawrinka is looking dangerous, Tsonga will be fresh and Gasquet has got two easy events. They do vary in terms of points, for example I think Mets, Moscow and Vienna are all 250 events, Basel and Beijing are 500 and only two more 1000 events left. Is retirement imminent? I think so.
I think he is just rust resting and concentrating on atp 1000 which will fetch him more points on the hunt to stay in top 8. You are right about very few tournaments, but I think he is giving himself some mental rest after poor outing at US Open for his standards.