'Didn't want to break down in front of Yuvraj' - Tendulkar

Sachin Tendulkar has said he was scared of breaking down in front of Yuvraj Singh when he met the latter in London after his treatment in the United States for a rare germ cell cancer. Tendulkar was speaking at a gathering in Delhi during the release of Yuvraj's book The Test of My Life. "When I went to meet him in London, I was telling my wife that I don't want to break down when I see him," Tendulkar said. "I met him and gave him a tight hug. We enjoyed a meal and from the way he ate, I was convinced that he was back on track. "When I saw my wife discussing medical terms with Yuvraj, I realised what he had been going through," Tendulkar said. "He is like my younger brother and I would ask God why it (the illness) had to happen to Yuvraj." Yuvraj recollected his first meeting with Tendulkar. "My first conversation was when I was looking at him in awe at the dressing room when suddenly he said 'please pass on the biscuits'," Yuvraj said. To this Tendulkar replied, "I have not got those biscuits till now." Apart from Tendulkar, India captain MS Dhoni also spoke about Yuvraj's fight with cancer. Dhoni said he knew about Yuvraj's situation even before the latter told him about it. "When his test reports came, someone told me he has cancer," Dhoni said. "I just said 'are you sure?' The person repeated that Yuvraj has cancer. I was shocked." The India team and support staff were called onto stage for photographs but as the players went on, Virender Sehwag stayed seated at his spot. Yuvraj called out to him and said, "Veeru, main bhi team main nahin noon, tum bhi team main nahin ho - chal aa jaa [i'm also not in the (Test) team, you're also not in the team - come on up]." "http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/625828.html"

The India team and support staff were called onto stage for photographs but as the players went on, Virender Sehwag stayed seated at his spot. Yuvraj called out to him and said, "Veeru, main bhi team main nahin noon, tum bhi team main nahin ho - chal aa jaa [i'm also not in the (Test) team, you're also not in the team - come on up]."
:hmmm:
Yuvraj recollected his first meeting with Tendulkar. "My first conversation was when I was looking at him in awe at the dressing room when suddenly he said 'please pass on the biscuits'," Yuvraj said. To this Tendulkar replied, "I have not got those biscuits till now."
:cantstop: