Pakistan Elections - 2013

Asim

Pakistan to hold Historic Polls on May 11 Pakistan will go to the polls on May 11, the presidency announced Wednesday, in an historic general election marking the first democratic transition of power in the country's 66-year existence. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jMMQ21eAaJpmklzeGmXRguaQG6MQ?docId=CNG.4fe4f79ad6dacc01e48512ef1b470739.1c1

Is Imran Khan's popularity going to translate into votes? Is Parvez Musharraf contesting?
1. No one can predict Imran Khan/PTI standing after elections, it really can be ANYTHING... 2. Mush contesting or not, will have '0' impact on these elections...

1. No one can predict Imran Khan/PTI standing after elections, it really can be ANYTHING... 2. Mush contesting or not, will have '0' impact on these elections...
I still think that Imran Khan is good for bringing crowds to rallies but those people won't translate into votes for his party. I seem to remember reading that Nawaz Sharif had gained considerable ground in the last few months - he looks like the strongest contender in this election :hmmm: BTW is Bilawal Bhutto Zardari as bad as Rahul Gandhi ?

I still think that Imran Khan is good for bringing crowds to rallies but those people won't translate into votes for his party. I seem to remember reading that Nawaz Sharif had gained considerable ground in the last few months - he looks like the strongest contender in this election :hmmm: BTW is Bilawal Bhutto Zardari as bad as Rahul Gandhi ?
Imran Khan's PTI remained busy in intra-party-elections process which took one year, finished just today and throughout this process party remained kind of disconnected with public so graph temporarily went down, other hand Nawaz Sharif graph went up because they remained silent throughout first four years of their tenure in Punjab but put billions for development in their last year. Coming two months would be very interesting, PTI popularity graph expected to rise again, Imran Khan did kind of gamble; PTI formally starting election campaign from 23rd March with a public gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan; here onwards PTI can really take off to rise again or if somehow they failed to put up a great show it can go down too for which chances are very few, having said that PMLN and PPP are big players of local 'galli mohalla' politics and they know the tricks n arts of voting-day... So lets see, elections outcome this time is really unpredictable... (Rahul Gandhi will look like one supreme leader if you compare him with Bilawal Bhutto...)

I agree.. this is make or break election for pakistan.. if they dont elect Imran Khan then pakistand will slide further.. IK's foreign policies are dodgy though. doesnt categorically say that he will go after Taliban or Terrorists.. And if IK gets elected, lets see how he handles US policies

I agree.. this is make or break election for pakistan.. if they dont elect Imran Khan then pakistand will slide further.. IK's foreign policies are dodgy though. doesnt categorically say that he will go after Taliban or Terrorists.. And if IK gets elected, lets see how he handles US policies
I have sever e question marks over his caliber.

Imran Khan won't be the right choice. He is too inexperienced and his views on many topics are not ones which would take Pakistan forward. In the end I expect either Zardari or Nawaz Sharif to lead a coalition Govt.

Imran Khan won't be the right choice. He is too inexperienced and his views on many topics are not ones which would take Pakistan forward. In the end I expect either Zardari or Nawaz Sharif to lead a coalition Govt.
IK brigade is full of young politicians and newbies... the ones not connected to inherited politicians... couple of them are even UK reverse migrants... it will be a rough ride initially for his party but eventually should turn out to be a right direction cuz of young/new thinking Most probably... it will be IK party govt as far as i can tell otherwise they will slide down further.

All set for Imran Khan's PTI public gathering tomorrow at Lahore, its been called Imran Khan's Semi-Final before polls. Party's internally elected office bearers will publically take oath and Imran Khan will present party's complete manifesto. Number of people here would really matter as he became mainstream political player only after hugely successful public gathering back in 30 Oct, 2011 at same place and now tomorrow's gathering would reflect where he stands today in public because since Oct 2011 PMNLN; the Punjab Govt too worked day n night to counter PTI success in public. Tomorrow a fail-show can be proven disastrous for Imran Khan whereas success or level of success would build the public momentum and flow for PTI toward polls...