Random discussion featuring Bongs, marathas and much much more

Muloghonto

I lost him between choosing the brits in 1757 and starting to fight them in 1857 and filling up kalaapani.
I know ! its so brilliant that only Bongs can get it at first shot! :--D The wannabe-bongs (Tamils) are probably gonna be the next to figure it out!

SachinLara - both are West Indians. :hehe:
:hatsoff: I was gonna go with Gangu-Tiwari but it would've sounded too 'Gangu-taily' for my liking. You westies can have kirkut for now, we Bongs havnt stopped trying to win nobels in math & physics yet maybe one of these days the smog in Maidan is gonna clear and we can start mastering Kirkut. Knowing us Bongs, we will probably show up with a player that bats like Lara, bowls like Ambrose and fields like Jonty. Wait a min, thats my son in another 15 years!:--D PS: Atleast we are getting somewhere. Now, we've established that there is East India and there is rest of India, which due to grammatical semantics, is more couth to refer to as 'west India' . None of this bakwaas North or South India.:--D PPS: Westies, you are welcome !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venkatraman_Ramakrishnan :orderorder: Time to stop dozing :hahaha:
Hey, we are dying,according to some, remember ? Not to mention, i already told you- we bengalis have done so much, that we decieded to go on a quadruple generation holiday to cash in all the accrued 'punya' through the mllenias! Btw, how awesome are we ? I knew it would be the wannabe Bongs ( the Tamils) that would've been the next in line to follow in our footsteps!.

When it comes to sciences' date=' it is always the damn Tamils :mad: ....'soft' Nobels like Literature/Econ/Peace( especially peace :WTF:) I don't particularyly care about :nono:[/quote'] Literature is still not to be scoffed at IMO, it is afterall mostly (and in the past,universally) given on the basis of lifetime achievements. Econ, IMO is the most underrated one, as it may seem simpler but far-reaching implications and nobel-worthy papers are ultra-heavy on mathematics. Oh btw, dont forget us Bongs when it comes to science. Mahalannobis- inventor of modern stochastic modelling. JC Bose, Satyen Bose, etc. The Tamils are what i call slightly touchier, slightly crazier (due to their crazy kumari condom continent idea) first shishyaas of us Bongs. Love them to pieces, especially since their women have stopped trying to upgrade the bindi from a 'dot' to a 'thaali' size. Took them a while but they finally torpedoed that monstrosity! :icflove:

Literature is still not to be scoffed at IMO, it is afterall mostly (and in the past,universally) given on the basis of lifetime achievements. Econ, IMO is the most underrated one, as it may seem simpler but far-reaching implications and nobel-worthy papers are ultra-heavy on mathematics. Oh btw, dont forget us Bongs when it comes to science. Mahalannobis- inventor of modern stochastic modelling. JC Bose, Satyen Bose, etc. The Tamils are what i call slightly touchier, slightly crazier (due to their crazy kumari condom continent idea) first shishyaas of us Bongs. Love them to pieces, especially since their women have stopped trying to upgrade the bindi from a 'dot' to a 'thaali' size. Took them a while but they finally torpedoed that monstrosity! :icflove:
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

:finger::finger: Ever been to Kalapani ? If it wern't for us bongs, singlehandedly sustaining the 'war' against the brits, while you hindi-southie waadis were busy being made lalloos by the brits ( help us in WWI we give you swaraj, no wait, help us in WWII and we give you freedom and both times you duffers bought it!), we all would've been under the British boot for longer. Just go to Kalaapani and see how many bongs were sent to jail for obstruction of rule, murder of british officers, etc. compared to rest of India. The list is there, it is there to see. We make up 60% of the list. Yes, 60%. Us Bongs. The rest of you duffers didnt do as much combined as us, except give Bhaashans with the new gadgets (microphones! What novelty! every duffer in hindi-nahindi-duferdesh were busy falling over each other to get to it! now lets see biwi chillaing ! I will tell her through this magic gadget!) Oh dont forget that we started the bloody thing in the first place, half a city away from where I grew up, all the way back in 1857. You hindi speakers/hindi haters remember the hindi-speaking Mangal Pandey, but nobody except us remembers that it was because of the unjust punishment of Mangal Pandey, the BENGAL REGIMENT rebelled and then the rest of the duffers caught on. Too bad you 'non-hindi southie duffers' were fast asleep,as if its the midnight after Pongal, doing nothing and you hindi duffers hijacked what we started with a bunch of noble fat baboos and one rare gem of a woman ( must've been Durga, our patron goddess's avatarini) and bolloxed it all up. So spare me this neuvo-Indian complex of you folks. Its Bengal all the bloody way. We are 15% of subcontinent's population (the Bengali people) and we gave you half your bloody nobel lauriates. Spare me the ram-leela myths of the hindistanis, the frickin kumari kandam sunken continent absurdity of the 'non hindistanis' (there, how do ya like that?). If you are still not convinced, do some research and find out where does bengali come from as a language- it is *WE*, not you 'iranic gatae & scythian tribes transplanted as Rajputs and Punjabis that are preservers of Indic culture. Buddha spoke my ancestor's tongue ( Ardamagadhi- the linguistic origin of Bengali, Orya and Assamese, not the Kurubhasha that evolved to Hindi), so did Mahavira, Adi Shankaracharya etc. before that rebellious halfwit 'Samraat' Mihir Bhoja took away Bihar and resulted in ultimate destruction of the core of Indian civilization. Of all the bloody universities we built in the past, more than half are in Magadh & 'Banglabhoomi'. The Hindistanis 'passive jihaded' Bihar into their fold, but we Bongs are still gonna carry the torch- along with our Orya & Ahom brothers. And just to show you how much better we are, we Bongs have fogiven you duffers, the way parents forgive ignorant children when they bollox stuff up, for bolloxing the whole thing up & setting us half a century behind by killing off Netaji and putting that duffer Nehru and senile 'i used to be a politician, but now i am a holy baba and i got worshippers, so i will act like a moron for my ego' Gandhi in charge. Its okay. We will try and come up with another Netaji sometime soon, just make sure you hindi/non-hindi duffers dont get him killed off to support yet another moron. Then we will be really p!$ off and perhaps may take our Orya-Ahom bros and say ' bye bye hindi v non-hindi duffer land'. Just be glad that Netaji wasn't a Tamil. Those 'Frenchies of India'...err i mean Tamils, would've been so pi$ off, had you sniped Netajikamalam Bosiniswammy ( my hypothetical Tamil Netaji), they'd definitely have tried to physically break off of India and Kumari-condomize themselves in rage! In the words of our great scholar Pingala ( you duffers may not know of him) there is madhyadesha ( Anga-Vanga-Magadh region) and then there is everything else. Even the Brits were smarter than you duffers. They knew the real shiznit and who the real Indians are. Thats why they called it the British EAST INDIA corporation, not British South India Corporataion/North India Corporation or West India corporation. They wernt gonna use your duffer brandname and gotta give the Brit whiteman credit to know how to advertize and get money! We (Bongs) are to India what an engine is to the car- the real powerhouse, there to carry the rest of the junk around. There is East India and there is Rest of India. You northie-southies are johnny-come-latelys, get off my porch! So screw you all Northie vs Southie *****holes, its Easties all the way, archaeology and history proves it and now I am going home. */Cartman- Carlin mode off.
are you high ?

Hey, we are dying,according to some, remember ? Not to mention, i already told you- we bengalis have done so much, that we decieded to go on a quadruple generation holiday to cash in all the accrued 'punya' through the mllenias! Btw, how awesome are we ? I knew it would be the wannabe Bongs ( the Tamils) that would've been the next in line to follow in our footsteps!.
from wiki
The Indian Rebellion of 1857 occurred as the result of an accumulation of factors over time, rather than any single event. The sepoys were local soldiers, the majority Hindu or Muslim, that were recruited into the Company's army. Just before the Rebellion there were over 300,000 sepoys in the army, compared to about 50,000 British. The forces were divided into three presidency armies: Bombay, Madras, and Bengal. The Bengal Army recruited higher castes, such as "Rajputs and Brahmins", mostly from the Awadh (near Lucknow) and Bihar regions and even restricted the enlistment of lower castes in 1855. In contrast, the Madras Army and Bombay Army were "more localized, caste-neutral armies" that "did not prefer high-caste men."[11] The domination of higher castes in the Bengal Army has been blamed in part for initial mutinies that led to the rebellion. In fact, the role of castes had become so important that men were no longer "selected on account of the most important qualities in a soldier, i.e., physical fitness, willingness and strength, docility and courage, but because he belonged to a certain caste or sect".
Casteist :orderorder::orderorder::orderorder::orderorder::orderorder:

from wiki Casteist :orderorder::orderorder::orderorder::orderorder::orderorder:
I am honored, but we Bongs are not a caste. Yet. Anyways, this whole caste thing is not our deal,remember we are 'mlechcha' and not arya, who thrust the caste system upon us. Not to mention, the policy was British, not Bengali. Anyways, you are barking up the wrong tree. My point was, it was us Bongs who started the rebellion in 1857. Our regiment was the first to rebel, others quickly caught on but bolloxed it up because we let those fat maratha noble baboos take over the movement. Even in 1857, majority of Bengal Regiment were Bongs, though by the time the rebellion was over, the Brits would 'punish us' by marginalizing us from the armies and by WWI, we were a small contingent in the armed forces. Which worked out just fine, because it freed up us Bongs to culturally revolutionize India. That point (that we were the first to rebel) stands and is validated by your link. Barrackpore was the first place where the revolution started.

You had to get out of bengal to get your heads straight and think logical. It was the pleasant weather (free from smell of fish) in meerut which helped you realize, plus it wasnt only Bong regiment which revolted and its known as revolt of 1857 in MEERUT .. not 1857 of Bongs .. North winz .. Thank you

You had to get out of bengal to get your heads straight and think logical. It was the pleasant weather (free from smell of fish) in meerut which helped you realize, plus it wasnt only Bong regiment which revolted and its known as revolt of 1857 in MEERUT .. not 1857 of Bongs .. North winz .. Thank you
What meerut ? Another northie 'johnny come lately'. It is Barrackpore where the rebellion started. All official historians agree on this unanimously. It was in barrackpore that Pandey was court martialled, half the regiment disbanded, it was in Barrackpore where an Indian sepoy fired on his English superior sparking the rebellion. I didn't say we bongs were the only rebels, i said that we started the whole thing, like we tend to do and you guys followed along and bolloxed it up- like you guys tend to do. It is not known as 'Meerut rebellion of 1857, it is known as Indian rebellion of 1857' and it started in Bongodesh. Those are the facts. :hitler: PS: What were you southies and 'westies' doing when we were trying to coax along the northies to rebel with us ?