Sign in to follow this  
Crookbond

Ranji Trophy 2013-2014

Harbhajan Singh has been named captain of the Rest of India team for the Irani Cup to be played in Bangalore from February 9. Gautam Gambhir has also been included in the 15-man squad. The big name missing was that of Pragyan Ojha, Harbhajan Singh (capt.), Jiwanjot Singh, Gautam Gambhir, Baba Aparajith, Kedar Jadhav, Ankit Bawne, Dinesh Karthik, Amit, Mishra, Pankaj Singh, Ashok Dinda, Varun Aaron, Parvez Rasool, Anureet Singh, Natraj Behera, Mandeep Singh

Thats a good pace attack varun aroon ashok dinda and Pankaj Singh and i would wanna see the competetion of these 3 pacers - who bowls better. these 3 will blow away mithun vinay kumar like any thing.....and ROI will win. i was impressed by Varun's speed in New zealand , pankaj and dinda will be in 130 to 140 range and Varun shud crank it up and will open up karnataka vk and mithun will be 125 to 132k.........

Thats a good pace attack varun aroon ashok dinda and Pankaj Singh and i would wanna see the competetion of these 3 pacers - who bowls better. these 3 will blow away mithun vinay kumar like any thing.....and ROI will win. i was impressed by Varun's speed in New zealand , pankaj and dinda will be in 130 to 140 range and Varun shud crank it up and will open up karnataka vk and mithun will be 125 to 132k.........
you rate Dinda? Thakur or Rishi Dhawan should have played

Why don't we have such pitches more often? Our batsmen can't even play the likes of Vinay on these pitches and then we wonder why they don't click abroad.
We need more bouncy and pacy pitches than this. These kind of pitches encourages trundling seam bowlers more than making batsmen good. We struggle more with bounce like in NZ while seaming tracks are difficult for everyone which you dont see too many anywhere but other teams like Aus, SA, NZ are good handling bounce and we are nit.

We need more bouncy and pacy pitches than this. These kind of pitches encourages trundling seam bowlers more than making batsmen good. We struggle more with bounce like in NZ while seaming tracks are difficult for everyone which you dont see too many anywhere but other teams like Aus' date=' SA, NZ are good handling bounce and we are nit.[/quote'] Yup mohali ,wankhede ,brabourne stadium have good bounce.

Mohali does not have great bounce. Mohali is a low bounce track for sometime now which helps seam bowlers when it has grass. Only bouncy track is Wankhede when it is rolled hard with tinge of green. Pune ODI pitch was one of the bounciest I saw in recent times in India, also Jaipur track in IPL and CL.

Mohali does not have great bounce. Mohali is a low bounce track for sometime now which helps seam bowlers when it has grass. Only bouncy track is Wankhede when it is rolled hard with tinge of green. Pune ODI pitch was one of the bounciest I saw in recent times in India' date=' also Jaipur track in IPL and CL.[/quote'] Last few matches at mohali u saw hardly any grass.U need to leave bit of grass to get bounce too . Rajasthan they always had a bit of grass which gave them zip.Even chennai had bounce but it has slowed down.

Last few matches at mohali u saw hardly any grass.U need to leave bit of grass to get bounce too . Rajasthan they always had a bit of grass which gave them zip.Even chennai had bounce but it has slowed down.
Even with grass, Mohali isnt bouncy enough. Its not just me who said this. Jiwanjot also mentioned this after he played his first game at Wankhede last season where he said Wankhede has more bounce and pace than Mohali which is a slow and low bounce tracks. Grass and moisture dont necessarily give you bounce, a hard surface does like in Aus. There pitches will be bouncy even with grass.

Kumble's regime did the groundwork & the current Karnataka Ranji team is showing the results of those efforts.. Kudos to Kumble & co.
Hmm.what exactly did they do to get credit' date=' seems to be they bailed on the home state.[/quote'] 3 trophies.. Kumble's team did groom talent/provide facilites/ developed more grounds/ spread the game to mofussil areas