Anti Ajinkya Rahane Brigade

It doesn't look like he will "play" in SA unless he doesn't open (assuming Tendulkar plays). Vijay and Gambhir will open with Dhawan as a backup.
Gambhir? WTF? So the guy that averages 60+ in domestic cricket should be discarded after his debut but the guy that has struggled for the past 2 years deserves his spot back because he got jaundice? Right? Great logic there. :hatsoff:
Gambhir? WTF? So the guy that averages 60+ in domestic cricket should be discarded after his debut but the guy that has struggled for the past 2 years deserves his spot back because he got jaundice? Right? Great logic there. :hatsoff:
Dhawan will be back so he'll go. Simple! It's not about Gambhir here.
3-4????he scored impressive 72 against australia (blore 2010)in his debut test
My bad and Kohli? He looked clueless in Tests. Laxman failed at home against Saffers as well. I am not comparing but writing him off is a blunder. That pitch was ugly and clueless as hell + on his debut. Seriously !! :headshake:
If GG does well in FC, he is a must as a lefty in SA. Lefty openers are needed in SA!
If GG does well in FC' date=' he is a must as a lefty in SA. Lefty openers are needed in SA![/quote'] Sure .. I have no problem with that. If he does well he should get a spot back in the SQUAD but no way that 2 existing performing openers should make way for Gambhir. Give Dhawan and Vijay a decent run first.
Dude I know you are a fan of Gambhir but I just don't think he should be back for SA.
If he scored well in FC he should be but I was really upset that he was considered during this tour. He needs more time. An inform Sehwag and GG would have taken Lyon to the cleaners, no matter how the pitch would have acted.
Would take GG over Rahane any day ANY DAY. Rahane doesn't even have the strength to clear the infield and extremely limited in stroke play. Rahane is the Nigerian scam of batting.