Stand up now and be counted.

kablooee87

Dude change your nickname' date=' you're insulting it with that kind of cra.p :giggle:[/quote'] yoda has better things to do with life than waste 5 days of his life watching cricket. when will he train young skywalker to beat the cr@p out of you if he spends 5 days watching a stupid test match? :hysterical:
rp FINISHES 4/14
and he still doesn't get MoM - there is something wrong there somewhere. BTW on the topic. Only care if we beat the Pakis - apart from that this is rubbish. My feeling is that over time 50-50 will become 40-40 (with few new rules) but not die. I prefer the ODI & tests.

Tho it makes for good entertainment, I still dont take this form of the game seriously. My only interest in this tournament, is to see some of the new players blossom as well as to see the goners make a come back (Rohit, Irfan, Bhajji, Sehwag etc) 20/20 however is a serious threat to ODIs. If we have another boring world cup that may be the death knell of all ODI tourneys. This form of the game is highly marketable. It wont die. Ironically i can see 20/20, funding test cricket, to keep tests alive.

and the proponents of ODI cricket had also forecasted the death of Test Match cricket back in the late 80s early 90s when the stock of ODI cricket soared .... what has only happened is that the no.of test matches played in the last 2 decades is at an all time high and we have almost played as many Tests played in the entire decade of 1990 in about 7 years ... :D
That is because the interest in tests has not dwindled in India and I am pleasantly surprised. But take the example of other countries like Pakistan or Sri Lanka. Hardly any attendance for tests not involving India. Even Pak England matches having all superstars were played in half empty stadiums. Even you will have to admit ODI is much more popular than Tests from fan's perspective. I liken it to art movie (Test cricket) versus Commercial movie(ODI).
Guest dada_rocks

It still remains a circus any team can beat any team all it needs is some quirk of luck.. Srilanka got done by morning stare see how pathetic they looked..just an hour of bad luck u are gone out of the tournament