IPL 2013 - Mumbai Indians

1983-2011

Mumbai Indians are strong contenders - Ganguly

"They have a new but highly experienced coach in John Wright, the well-respected Anil Kumble as their mentor and senior pro Ricky Ponting as captain. Along with Sachin Tendulkar and Harbhajan Singh's experience, you have exciting youngsters in Glenn Maxwell, Rohit Sharma and Ambati Rayudu. They are a formidable unit and will be strong contenders for the title," Ganguly said.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/current/story/627646.html

Mumbai Indians will not be affected by 'Monkeygate': Ricky Ponting

image_20130331193238.jpgFormer Australia skipper Ricky Ponting today assured that the infamous "Monkeygate" episode won't have an effect on the Mumbai Indians dressing room as he gears up to lead the team in the sixth edition of IPL. "No, no. We are all friends for the next few months. That's one thing I have made very clear to the guys already. Sachin [Tendulkar] and Harbhajan [singh] have not been around the team yet. We will meet up with those guys. We are one, the Mumbai Indians are one," said Ponting at his first media conference ahead of the IPL franchise team's campaign in season 6 of the cash-rich T20 League commencing on April 3. "I want to play well and captain the side well. I will not leave any stone unturned as far as preparation of team is concerned and ensure that everything we do is for one another," Ponting, who has retired from international cricket, said. Ponting and MI team's chief mentor Anil Kumble were the rival captains in the controversy-marred Sydney Test of January 2008 when Australian team member Andrew Symonds accused India's Harbhajan Singh, who is an MI player now, of racial abuse. The Australians complained that Harbhajan allegedly called Symonds a "monkey" during day three of the second Test of the 2007-08 controversy-marred series. ICC match referee for the series, Mike Procter, slapped a three-Test ban on Harbhajan following a hearing but the decision was overturned when the Indian off spinner appealed against the decision.
:haha:

Will it be the year of Mumbai Indians?

New Delhi, April 2 (IANS) Despite being one of the top-spenders and having one of the best teams, Mumbai Indians are yet to win the Indian Premier League (IPL). After two poor seasons in the beginning, the team showed their true skills only in the third edition in 2010 when they reached the final before losing to Chennai Super Kings. In the subsequent two seasons, they managed to reach the last four stage before, again, losing out. However, this time the Ricky Ponting factor just might do the trick. The Aussie will lead the side with the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Harbhajan Singh and Rohit Sharma in the midst. Malinga is also the leading wicket-taker in the tourney with 83 scalps to his name. Million dollar baby Glenn Maxwell also promises to be an interesting prospect. New recruits: Ricky Ponting, Phillip Hughes, Glenn Maxwell, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Jacob Oram. Players to watch out for: Ricky Ponting, Sachin Tendulkar, Lasith Malinga, Rohit Sharma.

My MI Team 1. Dwayne Smith - Hope he continues his form. 2. Sachin Tendulkar - He is in a "carefree" mode, as seen in his 2 sixes in the Aus test. Unlike last year, he has no pressure. 3. Ricky Ponting - Test player? Same as SRT now. 4. Rohit Sharma - Should come over his 'nohit'ness. We need the DC version of Rohit. 5. Dinesh Karthick - Hope he plays well. 5. Ambati Rayudu - He rarely fails. 6. Kieron Pollard/Glenn Maxwell - Seriously KP should given atleast 4 matches before Maxwell can replace him. 7. Harbhajan Singh - I don't think he is an effective bowler anymore. But he ll be in the team for most of the games. Hope he just focus on bowling and plays well. 8. Pragyan Ojha - Disappointed with Aus series, but still he is very effective in T20's 9. Dhawal Kulkarni - Was good last year. Need to maintain. 10. Lasith Malinga - Amusingly, he is not a threat as he is before. Let's see. 11. Munaf Patel - Hmmm. I don't like him. But he ll be in. All the best :two_thumbs_up: