Gambhir, Nehra wish Jesse Ryder a "Speedy recovery"

rkt.india

New Delhi: Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir and Delhi Daredevils mentor T A Sekar today wished "speedy recovery" for New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder, who is currently in coma after being brutally assaulted in Christchurch. "I spoke to him a couple of days back and he was looking to join the Delhi Daredevils squad. I got a call this morning from Jesse's manager informing me that he had been beaten up," Sekar told the mediapersons. Gambhir on his part said that he is praying that the all-rounder recovers soon and is back to the field. "Whatever has happened is unfortunate and I wish a speedy recover for Jesse. I am praying that he recovers fast and is back in action again," Gambhir told during a promotional event in the city. "It is very unfortunate that he got hit and is not in a position to play IPL. We are all praying that he should recover. He is a good kid and I have been watching him from 2008 onwards. Ashish Nehra, who was Jesse's teammate last season in Pune, told me that Jesse is a good team man, who playing according to the team's needs. He is a brilliant fielder, too," Sekar further added. Sekar informed that the team will seek replacements for both Ryder and Varun Aaron who is out for atleast five months. "We will ask for a replacement for Jesse Ryder. We can ask for a replacement for Varun Aaron, too. We are waiting for skipper Mahela Jayawardene to arrive here tomorrow so that we can discuss the options before we ask for the replacements." The former India pacer agreed that not having an impact player like Kevin Pietersen will be a setback. "KP not playing is a setback but we formed our team in such a way that we can tweak our combination. We have Viru (Virender Sehwag), David Warner, Mahela Jayawardene, Irfan Pathan and Unmukt Chand, who hit back-to-back hundreds in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy." "We have Jeevan Mendis who is a good allrounder and gives us a spin bowling option. We have Andre Russell who can hit the ball long distances as we saw in the ICC World Twenty20. We are not down and out." Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir and Delhi Daredevils mentor T A Sekar today wished "speedy recovery" for New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder, who is currently in coma after being brutally assaulted in Christchurch. "I spoke to him a couple of days back and he was looking to join the Delhi Daredevils squad. I got a call this morning from Jesse's manager informing me that he had been beaten up," Sekar told the mediapersons. Gambhir on his part said that he is praying that the all-rounder recovers soon and is back to the field. "Whatever has happened is unfortunate and I wish a speedy recover for Jesse. I am praying that he recovers fast and is back in action again," Gambhir told during a promotional event in the city. "It is very unfortunate that he got hit and is not in a position to play IPL. We are all praying that he should recover. He is a good kid and I have been watching him from 2008 onwards. Ashish Nehra, who was Jesse's teammate last season in Pune, told me that Jesse is a good team man, who playing according to the team's needs. He is a brilliant fielder, too," Sekar further added. Sekar informed that the team will seek replacements for both Ryder and Varun Aaron who is out for atleast five months. "We will ask for a replacement for Jesse Ryder. We can ask for a replacement for Varun Aaron, too. We are waiting for skipper Mahela Jayawardene to arrive here tomorrow so that we can discuss the options before we ask for the replacements." The former India pacer agreed that not having an impact player like Kevin Pietersen will be a setback. "KP not playing is a setback but we formed our team in such a way that we can tweak our combination. We have Viru (Virender Sehwag), David Warner, Mahela Jayawardene, Irfan Pathan and Unmukt Chand, who hit back-to-back hundreds in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy." "We have Jeevan Mendis who is a good allrounder and gives us a spin bowling option. We have Andre Russell who can hit the ball long distances as we saw in the ICC World Twenty20. We are not down and out." Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir and Delhi Daredevils mentor T A Sekar today wished "speedy recovery" for New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder, who is currently in coma after being brutally assaulted in Christchurch. "I spoke to him a couple of days back and he was looking to join the Delhi Daredevils squad. I got a call this morning from Jesse's manager informing me that he had been beaten up," Sekar told the mediapersons. Gambhir on his part said that he is praying that the all-rounder recovers soon and is back to the field. "Whatever has happened is unfortunate and I wish a speedy recover for Jesse. I am praying that he recovers fast and is back in action again," Gambhir told during a promotional event in the city. "It is very unfortunate that he got hit and is not in a position to play IPL. We are all praying that he should recover. He is a good kid and I have been watching him from 2008 onwards. Ashish Nehra, who was Jesse's teammate last season in Pune, told me that Jesse is a good team man, who playing according to the team's needs. He is a brilliant fielder, too," Sekar further added. Sekar informed that the team will seek replacements for both Ryder and Varun Aaron who is out for atleast five months. "We will ask for a replacement for Jesse Ryder. We can ask for a replacement for Varun Aaron, too. We are waiting for skipper Mahela Jayawardene to arrive here tomorrow so that we can discuss the options before we ask for the replacements." The former India pacer agreed that not having an impact player like Kevin Pietersen will be a setback. "KP not playing is a setback but we formed our team in such a way that we can tweak our combination. We have Viru (Virender Sehwag), David Warner, Mahela Jayawardene, Irfan Pathan and Unmukt Chand, who hit back-to-back hundreds in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy." "We have Jeevan Mendis who is a good allrounder and gives us a spin bowling option. We have Andre Russell who can hit the ball long distances as we saw in the ICC World Twenty20. We are not down and out." Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir and Delhi Daredevils mentor T A Sekar today wished "speedy recovery" for New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder, who is currently in coma after being brutally assaulted in Christchurch. "I spoke to him a couple of days back and he was looking to join the Delhi Daredevils squad. I got a call this morning from Jesse's manager informing me that he had been beaten up," Sekar told the mediapersons. Gambhir on his part said that he is praying that the all-rounder recovers soon and is back to the field. "Whatever has happened is unfortunate and I wish a speedy recover for Jesse. I am praying that he recovers fast and is back in action again," Gambhir told during a promotional event in the city. "It is very unfortunate that he got hit and is not in a position to play IPL. We are all praying that he should recover. He is a good kid and I have been watching him from 2008 onwards. Ashish Nehra, who was Jesse's teammate last season in Pune, told me that Jesse is a good team man, who playing according to the team's needs. He is a brilliant fielder, too," Sekar further added. Sekar informed that the team will seek replacements for both Ryder and Varun Aaron who is out for atleast five months. "We will ask for a replacement for Jesse Ryder. We can ask for a replacement for Varun Aaron, too. We are waiting for skipper Mahela Jayawardene to arrive here tomorrow so that we can discuss the options before we ask for the replacements." The former India pacer agreed that not having an impact player like Kevin Pietersen will be a setback. "KP not playing is a setback but we formed our team in such a way that we can tweak our combination. We have Viru (Virender Sehwag), David Warner, Mahela Jayawardene, Irfan Pathan and Unmukt Chand, who hit back-to-back hundreds in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy." "We have Jeevan Mendis who is a good allrounder and gives us a spin bowling option. We have Andre Russell who can hit the ball long distances as we saw in the ICC World Twenty20. We are not down and out."
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130328/sports-cricket/article/gambhir-nehra-wish-jesse-ryder-speedy-recovery So, it is official that Aaron too is out of IPL.