Yuvraj's "attitude?"

Brainfade

I've seen comments over the years (including several recent posts) that talk about Yuvraj's "attitude" problems keeping him from captaincy etc. I just don't see it - the fellow is fit, throws himself around on the field, bats sensibly and runs between the wickets well. He has been shunted up and down the order, has been played and dropped numerous times, but has stuck it out - I've never heard him moan. In other words, a team man. That does not necessarily qualify him for or preclude him from captaincy, but pray, what attitude are we talking about here?

I really like YS for many things he brings to the table, the one thing I dislike is I have noticed sometimes he is quite indifferent even during the play (batting or fielding). There are such days - when he looks "switched off"... "I dont care what the f...happens" type of thing. My impression, could be wrong.

I really like YS for many things he brings to the table, the one thing I dislike is I have noticed sometimes he is quite indifferent even during the play (batting or fielding). There are such days - when he looks "switched off"... "I dont care what the f...happens" type of thing. My impression, could be wrong.
exactly finey ...
Its not just my impression...I know a few others have felt this too. The thing is it cannot be proved, so I admit this is what I've felt watching him some days. The captain, coach and team management will know best. This I will agree fully.
You're right - he does give that impression with his demeanor (body language, if you will). But if the ball is hit in his direction, he still chases it down, dives, throws well etc. In other words, does his job ... with a sourpuss face, but still does his job! Even while batting, I don't remember (failing memory and all) him getting out to stupid shots a whole lot. He gets in a bind sometimes while playing the slower stuff, but is no Sehwag or Kambli when it comes to wafting away.
You're right - he does give that impression with his demeanor (body language' date=' if you will). But if the ball is hit in his direction, he still chases it down, dives, throws well etc. In other words, does his job ... with a sourpuss face, but still does his job! Even while batting, I don't remember (failing memory and all) him getting out to stupid shots a whole lot. He gets in a bind sometimes while playing the slower stuff, but is no Sehwag or Kambli when it comes to wafting away.[/quote'] Cricaddict, One technical correction: At the beginning of his innings (before say 15 runs), YS does have the tendency to poke at balls and give a catch from keeper to gully area. He does that waft. But overall, looking at his # of years, he has matured now.

After his phenomenal debut in 2000, success got to his head and started to affect his performances. He turned away a reporter, who had come to interview him, by saying "I don't have time for you people. I am the Hrithik Roshan of Indian cricket". He started to bat like a millionaire and was quickly blowing away his career. He got dropped and people thought he'd never come back. I think that taught him a lesson in humility and made him level headed. He worked hard in domestic cricket and the turn around came in the home ODI series against Zimbabwe in 2002 for which he was recalled. He helped India win the series 3-2 after being 1-2 down, did well against England in India and then everyone knows what happened in the Natwest Final. Ever since then, Yuvraj Singh has gone from strength to strength in the shorter version of the game.

Guest dada_rocks

Have u guys ever heard Yuvraj's father's shero-shayari routine over every yuvraj bonanza.. Peopple find him cocky I sort of like the guy.. what is with celebrity from punjabi and kavita-oath first siddhu now yograj singh:haha:

nahh the guy got a stable head... one way to find out the attitude in cricket the way player celebrate wicket.. he is the one who runs to the bowler at his earliest.. also, he is not making any fuss about not getting captaincy...
Raina used to run and dry hump the bowlers a lot too :-)