favorite street food/ junk food?

FischerTal

It may differ for most depending on the region they come from. also, i am looking to embark on an all india trip this summer so i am interested in what is your favorite street food from where you reside? I am from gujarat. Nothing beats Fafda jalebi, lilo chevdo, and sandwich dhokla.

Way before momos became famous, I used to go to this small restaurant near my house. It was around 96-97 I think. Used to love chicken steamed momos but now when I visit India, I avoid it completely. Around 5 years ago when I was in India, I took the punt and had some momos and then I nearly died. Anyway, there is a place in Bay Area which serves awesome momos and I'm going there for dinner tonight :)

Street food in Kolkata is MINDBLASTING! Inexpensive yet promising to entice your taste buds. ss_fish_kabiraji.jpgFish kabiraji cutlet made with bhetki fish.... JM-Final-01.JPGJhaal Muri - Spicy rice crispies with variety of spices, peanuts, coconut flakes & hint of mustard oil) ghugni-chat.jpgGhugni Chat --- Chick peas served in a leaf plate with tomatoes chopped, fresh coriander, pinnk onion pieces, ginger, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, coconut slivers, a squeeze of lime and sour sweet tamarind sauce 410184068_a8bde20082.jpgpuchla2+copy.jpgKolkata%20Street%20Food(1).jpgPhuchkas -- Golf ball sized fried bread- filled with flavored smashed potato, tamarind water, green chutney, masalas and topped with thin sev :woot: dsc057151.jpgEgg Roll 025.JPGMaacher Chop (Fish chop):woot: 4444412755_e44c1a1c46_z.jpgAakher rosh (Sugarcane Juice) 42937.jpgKochuri & Cholaar daal 16M126417.jpgMughlai Porotha - Parathas stuffed with potato or meat and laced with egg. Bhel%2BPuri%2BPappi%2BChat.jpga-version-of-bhel-puri-chaat.jpgBhel Puri & Chaat ChiliChicken4.jpgChowmein & Chili chicken (cooked Bengali style....absolute must eat):woot: 4545349-The_fried_fish_Chicken_Momo_Kolkata_Calcutta.jpg4545350-Bread_roll_with_fishchicken_pork_just_delicious_Kolkata_Calcutta.jpgMomos & Thukpas(Tibetan food)

Calcutta street food is to die for. From the wide range of authentic Chinese food in Tangra to the puchkas and jhalmuri that you get everywhere, from the fish bhaat plate in goriahat to the manghsor jhol and luchi in early morning breakfast stalls around Chowringee, and from the various, delectable mutton dishes in old-style restaurants with chipped porcelain plates to the spread in bhojo Haris you can be sure your taste buds will be tantalized to no end as long as you are in Calcutta.

Anyway, there is a place in Bay Area which serves awesome momos and I'm going there for dinner tonight :)
Don't know which place you are referring to, but there is a restaurant in Berkeley/Albany on Solano Avenue which I used to absolutely love when I was there. They have the best Momos I've ever eaten outside of Laddakh and Himachal and great Nepalese food as well. Pretty affordable as well.

Egg Chicken Roll in Bhubaneswar and Dahi Vada Aloo Dum in Cuttuck.
BBSR roadside food is yummm. The aaluchop (known as batata bada in Mmubai and Aloo Banda in Delhi), the singda (Samosa) are the bada (maidu vada/south Indian vada) they fry on every street corner is awesome. :two_thumbs_up:

BBSR roadside food is yummm. The aaluchop (known as batata bada in Mmubai and Aloo Banda in Delhi)' date=' the singda (Samosa) are the bada (maidu vada/south Indian vada) they fry on every street corner is awesome. :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Yup missing it all so much ... Going home on 26th ... first thing I'm gonna do is hit the stalls at Rupali chakk and then have one glass of Lingaraj lassi. And surely missing out on Gajalaxmi chat would be a crime. I really am not a fan of Samosa or Aloo Chop but I sure do like Piazi (Dal Vada). Ready For :eating: