favorite street food/ junk food?

FischerTal

Don't know which place you are referring to' date=' but there is a restaurant in Berkeley/Albany on Solano Avenue which I used to absolutely love when I was there. They have the best Momos I've ever eaten outside of Laddakh and Himachal and great Nepalese food as well. Pretty affordable as well.[/quote'] I usually go to http://www.yelp.com/biz/red-hot-chilli-pepper-san-carlos but yesterday was the 3rd time in my last 5 visits when they didnt have momos. The explanation was that since they are all handmade, they make them on Thursday and they usually finish by late Saturday . What a stupid thing to tell customers who drive 25 miles to eat momos. My wife was so upset, she was almost talking like this guy from the restaurant stakeout Screen+shot+2012-05-21+at+6.56.22+PM.png BTW send me the naam, pata of that Nepalese restaurant

from my childhood days kulchas ( spicy choley with onion and garnish in a bun) found in Punjab 800px-Kulchachole.jpg Dahi bhalle 24750.jpg milk pista kulfi 06292011083837.jpg Bread pakoda stuffed-bread-pakoda-recipe32.jpg challi (corn) 264kr6g.jpg ganne da juice (sugarcane juice) 69665766_465004d5a3.jpg gol gappe 231954-get-a-mouth-full-of-enticing-chaats.jpg chaataloo+matar+fruit+chaat.jpg tikki Aloo_Tikki_served_with_chutneys.jpg

Yup missing it all so much ... Going home on 26th ... first thing I'm gonna do is hit the stalls at Rupali chakk and then have one glass of Lingaraj lassi. And surely missing out on Gajalaxmi chat would be a crime. I really am not a fan of Samosa or Aloo Chop but I sure do like Piazi (Dal Vada). Ready For :eating:
The place in front of RD college was awesome. I remember there was a fast food corner called Appetite. Its used to be our adda after college every day.

The place in front of RD college was awesome. I remember there was a fast food corner called Appetite. Its used to be our adda after college every day.
I guess its still there ... visited it last time I was there in Bhubaneswar in January. However the costs have risen quite a bit since old days. I love their crispy chicken and spicy chicken apart from their egg chicken roll which is only comparable with maybe Kunitha in Bapuji Nagar or Green Chillyz in Master Canteen.

Vada Pav with a green chilli Chaats (Papdi, Samosa and Kachori) Special mention of Paani Puri, Bhel Puri, Sev Puri Pyaaz ki Kachori And for Gujrati food lovers like me, Dhokla with Green chutney, fafda with Papita no Sambhara Other mentions :- Dabeli - lil sweet, but it tastes good. Chhole Bhature Kulfi Falooda Ganne ka Rass

Happened to me in 2006 on a India visit. Ate in a chat house in Hyd (Gokul, that was bombed in 2007 or so). Had a major case of Delhi belly, was admitted to a hospital , and was on IV for a day. It was a close-by maternity hospital, was in a maternity ward for 2 days!

caution: eating raodside food may result in diarrhea.gif
Actually dont think indians living in India have this problem. Have never suffered an upset stomach because of street food (yet) though have had the same after eating in five-star restaurants

masala puri at the corner of national college in jayanagar bangalore' date='its the best in bangalore imo.[/quote'] Which is not saying much. I moved to Bangalore from Kolkata and the street food has been a big let down. After eating those chats and bhel puris, southies dont have a clue on how to make them. Was even disappointed in the dosas, maybe because I am a mallu and most of the dosas I have eaten have been the Kerala/Tamil variety which you get in Kolkata, the Karnataka dosas were a big let down. Dosas should never be that fat, they should be thin and crispy. In Bangalore, I prefer eating at decent restaurants which have good international cusinine, in Kolkata I will hog on the street food

^^That's exactly the way I feel when I eat outside of Bangalore. I have hated all kerala cuisine' date=' except non-veg - fish fry etc. Malabar was one good restaurant in Church Street, Bangalore. But my 2 days in Ernakulum was pathetic.[/quote'] Eating in a good restaurant in Bangalore not = street food. Where is the streeet food in Bangalore exactly? Where is the variety? Kolkata has amazing chinese, north Indian, south Indian, American etc variety in street food, all made to perfection

Which is not saying much. I moved to Bangalore from Kolkata and the street food has been a big let down. After eating those chats and bhel puris' date=' southies dont have a clue on how to make them. Was even disappointed in the dosas, maybe because I am a mallu and most of the dosas I have eaten have been the Kerala/Tamil variety which you get in Kolkata, the Karnataka dosas were a big let down. Dosas should never be that fat, they should be thin and crispy. In Bangalore, I prefer eating at decent restaurants which have good international cusinine, in Kolkata I will hog on the street food[/quote'] I agree with you on street foods outside bangalore.I have not been to kolkata but mumbai's street food scene is on different level.Bangalore's dosas are different especially the ones made at home.bhelpuris in bangalore are awesome especially the one with mango.

I agree with you on street foods outside bangalore.I have not been to kolkata but mumbai's street food scene is on different level.Bangalore's dosas are different especially the ones made at home.bhelpuris in bangalore are awesome especially the one with mango.
Bhelpuris with mango? First time I have heard of it. Where do you get it? I like the street food in BTM Layout, lots of variety there