'Yuvraj unhappy about captaincy'

DesiChap

[h4]'Yuvraj unhappy about captaincy'[/h4] Cricketnext.com | Posted Sep 21, 2007 at 22:30 New Delhi: If one thought tendonitis was the reason behind Yuvraj Singh missing the all-important Super Eights game against South Africa on Thursday, his father believes it was otherwise. In an interview to a news channel, Yograj Singh, Yuvraj's father, revealed that Yuvraj has been upset over not being made the captain of the One-Day side, which instead went to Mahendra Singh Dhoni. "He has something at the back of his mind, he's very aloof. Probably, its the captaincy part," Yograj told the channel on Friday. "I have this tinge of a feeling that there's something that's hurting him. I don't know whether it's the captaincy, I asked him if he was disappointed that he was not appointed captain, he kept quiet. He said, 'Dad, can we talk something else,'" Yuvraj's father added. "But, I feel he's got better things to do in life and I know he will lead India one day. I told him, 'your time will come' but he says, 'Dad, everytime you say this.' So, I think that is pulling him down," Yograj said. Yuvraj pulled out of the South Africa clash minutes before the start of the game after he injured his elbow while batting at the nets. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/yuvraj-unhappy-about-captaincy/27060-13.html

Guest dada_rocks

His father is sanki no doubt.. goes on and on but I like his sanaki shayari......I don't know what one can do extra as a captian other than getting burdened.. Your time is right there yuvraj and your job is batting . Make sure you pass with flying colors there

If OP is to believed, nothing wrong in admitting that you are disappointed in losing captaincy although feigning injury sucks. Good on Yuvi not to sugar coat and being brutally frank. The jealous colonel and his stooges have given him the raw deal in ODI . He should have been made the captain. Just because he happens to have night life and others don't should not be used against him.

Seriously they , Imran Khan was also arrogant or perceived to be one and look how will Pakistan did under his stewardship. The fact of the matter is , he was in line to be the next captain in ODI and was overlooked simply because of his extra curricular activities which apparently has not hindered his game. So , I guess it's none of anyones business what he does in private life as long as he performs on the cricket field.

Seriously they ' date=' Imran Khan was also arrogant or perceived to be one and look how will Pakistan did under his stewardship. The fact of the matter is , he was in line to be the next captain in ODI and was overlooked simply because of his extra curricular activities which apparently has not hindered his game. So , I guess it's none of anybodies business what he does in private life as long as he performs on the cricket field.[/quote'] it matters what happens outside the field during tours and during match days. in the offseason no one cares. ex: colly and flintoff incidents.
Guest dada_rocks
DR mode on - Dhoni - Middle class Yuvi - Rich :D
Since when Yuvi became rich, he too was middle class bloke.. Middle class indian over all suck in leadership position. PS: There may be exception to the tule for instance Sehwag who is total bindaas . PPs: I am one of those guys too:giggle:
it matters what happens outside the field during tours and during match days. in the offseason no one cares. ex: colly and flintoff incidents.
Flintoff incident I can understand , because alcohol was involved and you don't drink to be stoned immaculately the night before a match. As regards to Colly's incident, alcohol was not involved although sleep deprivation could be a factor here. But in the case of Yuvi , no such incidents have been reported during active matches. And unlike Akhtar , he is not deemed a trouble maker in the dressing room. So the question still begs , can we penalize a guy for having a nightlife or being perceived to be arrogant ?