Non-performing captain or Leader

can a non-performing captain demand the respect in the team? does personal performance affect the leadership matters? Examples.. Ganguly(2003-3005), salman Butt ( VC of Pak team) i feel that if i am a captain of a team who is performing well...but my own performance is nil...then it will surely affect my decision making abilities..and the respect in the team.. a leader must lead by examples.... i can be aggressive in my approach towards the opponents..as i know my team will back my talk....but can i walk my talk..? if tomorrow malik gets injured..will salman butt be able to lead the team with confidence ? all i want to say is Ganguly rode on the performance of his Team Mates..specially The Rahul Dravid...and his aggression is all false protection... he was a meek mouse when he was out of the team...playing in domestic matches..:hysterical::hysterical:

then i am sure ..Mike must have served tea..coffee to Bothan..after the matches.. My project manager is a chutiy@ ...does not know anything about the project... we make fun of him all the time.. very bad man-manager.. the only thing he does exceedingly well is handling the clients...with issues... he does not get any kind of respect from the heart..but always wish him..goodmornigs and Hi..and all that.. still he is among the successful managers...because he team is excellent in what they are doing... still is among the

Guest dada_rocks
can a non-performing captain demand the respect in the team? does personal performance affect the leadership matters? Examples.. Ganguly(2003-3005), salman Butt ( VC of Pak team) i feel that if i am a captain of a team who is performing well...but my own performance is nil...then it will surely affect my decision making abilities..and the respect in the team.. a leader must lead by examples.... i can be aggressive in my approach towards the opponents..as i know my team will back my talk....but can i walk my talk..? if tomorrow malik gets injured..will salman butt be able to lead the team with confidence ? all i want to say is Ganguly rode on the performance of his Team Mates..specially The Rahul Dravid...and his aggression is all false protection... he was a meek mouse when he was out of the team...playing in domestic matches..:hysterical::hysterical:
So playing in domestic matches becomes meek mouse behaviour.. GIb u keep bettering urself in every post:hysterical:
Guest dada_rocks
then i am sure ..Mike must have served tea..coffee to Bothan..after the matches.. My project manager is a chutiy@ ...does not know anything about the project... we make fun of him all the time.. very bad man-manager.. the only thing he does exceedingly well is handling the clients...with issues... he does not get any kind of respect from the heart..but always wish him..goodmornigs and Hi..and all that.. still he is among the successful managers...because he team is excellent in what they are doing... still is among the
That's how I too used to feel at ur age (manager useless), but can't tell u enough how wrong that sentiment was....
Guest dada_rocks
Jesus ! Do we really need these periodic Ganguly bashing threads ? :D And Yes' date=' Mike Bearley of England was an example of a great captain whose own performance was ordinary. Botham excelled under his stewardship.[/quote'] GIB ki dinner nahin hazam hota bina ak ganguly thread shuru kiye...
Guest dada_rocks
When we manage we are good managers' date=' when we are managed they are poor managers :-)[/quote'] I don't manage even now but I do respect what managers in general do. Not my cup of tea though.. In fact I myself keep sulking from managerial responsibilities..