Angelo Mathews at the toss

ipl is fun

"says he wasn't sure what he would have done if he won the toss and that he was glad that Rahul won the toss" I never have seen any other captian say such things at the toss. Atleast he could have talked to coach and asked what to do.. I hope he is not making team selection, or may he is with Angelo mathews, Luke and Steve still warming the bench

I would rather prefer Matthews who accepts his incompetence rather than a cheating Sangakkara at the toss.
:haha: But (toss losing) captains have been a little weird at this IPL. Only Virat Kohli said he was actually disappointed to lose the toss and 'unfortunately we have to bat first' in the first game in Bangalore.

:haha: But (toss losing) captains have been a little weird at this IPL. Only Virat Kohli said he was actually disappointed to lose the toss and 'unfortunately we have to bat first' in the first game in Bangalore.
Because they dont know how the pitch plays like and that's a big factor in T20 format. If you bat first on a slow, two paced wicket you never know what target you need to set. If its a good wicket and the other side scores 180-200, you are under pressure from ball one while chasing. Reading the pitch goes a long way in winning the game in T20.

That's whining from Kohli.
Not at all. In fact, he was making some sense at the toss unlike some of the other captains. Q: What would you have done if you had won the toss ? VK: We'd have definitely bowled. Looks like there's a lot in it for fast bowlers initially, and the pitch may settle down by the 2nd innings. Unfortunately we have to bat first (as we have lost the toss).