script for 3rd test.

jf1gp_1

SA will take a lead of around 120. India will come out to bat, will have a horrible start but will somehow manage to reach 230 - 250 which will leave SA around 110 -130 which they will score at the loss of 4 wickets. 'What a turn around ' 'historic win' 'India got lucky in first test' is what SA comm will keep repeating. Dravid and chappel will take blame for loss and credit for the lone win will goto ganguly and chairman.

Re: script for 3rd test. :lol: Sounds a heart breaking script. I think Saffies will get 400+ and neither team will have lead enough to persist for a win. India will get way defensive in the second dig and bat out most sessions. India will probably declare after lunch on 5th day and the game will end in a tame draw. :shrug:

Re: script for 3rd test.

SA will take a lead of around 120. India will come out to bat, will have a horrible start but will somehow manage to reach 230 - 250 which will leave SA around 110 -130 which they will score at the loss of 4 wickets. 'What a turn around ' 'historic win' 'India got lucky in first test' is what SA comm will keep repeating. Dravid and chappel will take blame for loss and credit for the lone win will goto ganguly and chairman.
Your script has a problem. To take a lead of 120, SA will have to score 540, which is another 400 runs. They can't do that on day 4, will have to bat into day 5, which will not allow us to score 230-250 and give SA a chance to score another 110-130. Here is another script for you: SA declare at 500. They have to score another 360 for that, in let's say 100 overs. This leaves 80 overs. Let's say we bat for 60 overs and score a pathetic 150 runs, SA will have 20 overs to score 70 runs for victory.

Re: script for 3rd test. Yoda only 2 days in the test match has gone by. There still are another 3 days to go in this test match. Saffies can still win as scripted by jf1gp_1 There are still about 270 overs to go in the test match. I know the Indians batted quite slow but not that slow to take 2 1/2 days to get 400 runs :hic:

Re: script for 3rd test.

:lol: Sounds a heart breaking script. I think Saffies will get 400+ and neither team will have lead enough to persist for a win. India will get way defensive in the second dig and bat out most sessions. India will probably declare after lunch on 5th day and the game will end in a tame draw. :shrug:
Time to revisit this thread. I didn't miss by much but the next couple of days will show me up as a whinger or an acumen :hic: Veer looks quite confident and has to be said his confidence in this team is qutie high. I hope they can do justice to Veer's faith.

Re: script for 3rd test. few things happened to boost my confidence.. KKD is in playing 11 .. they wised up to send him as opener.. munaf replaced VRV.. we scored 400+ runs.. we have above average bowling line up.. and then we have pitch like India, where ntini, pollock wont be too damaging.. i cant see how we can lose this one..

Re: script for 3rd test. here is how we can lose this one. Open with sehwag who hits 2 4s before getting out. then dravid and jaffer waste 20 overs without getting much and then our famous collapse between lunch and tea. India 160 all out and SA 201/7 by tea 5th day.