Only the strong-willed can beat AUSTRALIA

Predator_05

Harbhajan Singh, YUVRAJ, Dhoni, Sreesanth. What is common between all of them ? They are all tough b@stards who don't take sh*t from anyone. All aggressive cricketers who like to attack - whether it's with the ball, with the bat or in the field. These are cricketers who you would take into a war with you and can count on to DELIVER. These are the ONLY kind of cricketers capable of challenging the Aussies. The weak-willed will always crumble, but the ones who have the heart and the guts for a FIGHT - the WINNERS - will emerge victorious. No surprise that these are the guys who were instrumental in India's victory today ! India MUST PLAY ALL OF THESE players in the upcoming ODI series vs AUS, and when they tour later this year. Without strong-willed guys like them, India won't have a chance and will onlycome back disappointed. These are the players who can take INDIA to the NEXT level.

After this 20/20 should Sehwag and Rohit be included in our ODI squad in place of Dravid and Ganguly?
I am not going to get into the team composition thing right now as we still ahve some time left before that series begins. But i hope the Indian selectors realise that India NEED to back guys like YUVRAJ, Sreesanth, Harbhajan, and Dhoni. Do whatever it takes to pick them in every Indian squad
Harbhajan Singh, YUVRAJ, Dhoni, Sreesanth. What is common between all of them ? They are all tough b@stards who don't take sh*t from anyone. All aggressive cricketers who like to attack - whether it's with the ball, with the bat or in the field. These are cricketers who you would take into a war with you and can count on to DELIVER. These are the ONLY kind of cricketers capable of challenging the Aussies. The weak-willed will always crumble, but the ones who have the heart and the guts for a FIGHT - the WINNERS - will emerge victorious. No surprise that these are the guys who were instrumental in India's victory today ! India MUST PLAY ALL OF THESE players in the upcoming ODI series vs AUS, and when they tour later this year. Without strong-willed guys like them, India won't have a chance and will onlycome back disappointed. These are the players who can take INDIA to the NEXT level.
:two_thumbs_up:

THIS IS HOW A STRONG-WILLED INDIVIDUAL REACTS TO A PRESSURE SITUATION;

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/twenty20wc/content/current/story/312148.html Looking back at the game, and the decision to bowl Harbhajan Singh in the 18th over - in which he gave away only three runs and took a wicket - Dhoni said: "Harbhajan wanted the responsibility - he said 'give me the ball, I want to bowl'. He had the confidence. We needed a guy who had the confidence at the time. He proved it - he got us a wicket and got us into the game."

I was referring to the players who won India the match today. Uthappa played a crucial role in his partnership with Yuvraj but the main cast were those 4

How about Uthappa? This lad repeatedly has performed under pressure and is a very committed fielder. You can't be dropping him off the list of aggressive players.
I have never been convinced by him, but after watching him in this Twenty20 World Cup - i like the cut of his jib; he has a great attitude and likes to dominate opposition bowlers. I will have to watch him a few more times
Guest dada_rocks

Guys don't get carried away we have seen too many young blood in longer version has failed that's why oldies returned.. Giving too much weightage to 20/20 results where couple of overs can make or mar results

Guys don't get carried away we have seen too many young blood in longer version has failed that's why oldies returned.. Giving too much weightage to 20/20 results where couple of overs can make or mar results
That's what Indian fans do right? Overadulation for greats performances in patches. India has to consistently win before they get all the showering praises.

DR - you are asking for the impossible. Fans on ICF go over board very quickly. Its great to see that a few youngsters in the team have put their hand up to be counted. Remains to be seen in the long run as to who are pretenders and who are the real deal. Remember it was not too long ago that Indian fans got high on Raina, VRV, Munaf and Kaif.

The "oldies" returned because of moronic selection policy. How far did that get India ? A first round World Cup elimination. BTW, two of the guys i named have had success against Australia in the past so it's not just a knee-jerk reaction. To beat Australia, you need head-strong players who aren't afraid to let loose. That is a fact
Forget the format for a sec, a senior Indian team cannot beat the Aussies, even if the Aussies played with their eyes blinded and arms tied to their backs. Beating the Aussies in a game they MUST WIN and they are SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING, is no ordinary feat. Aussies havent lost a semi final in years. When did they last lose a final ?
Can't ignore the format. Send this team in a test series to Australia and they'll come back with their a$ handed to them 0-4. For ODIs changes should be made but there is nothing wrong with our test squad.
When was the last time India won an ODI against the Aussies in a MUST WIN game ?

I like the YENGSTERS "spirit". However, one thing that is in favor of Maharathis is that they have had STAYING POWER. They have played this game of cricket successfully for decade+ Let us watch these YENGSTERS for atleast 2-3 years, then we can be more confident of consistency. For 20-20 ofcourse Maharathis cannot have the athleticism required.