All Hail Manchester United......

Sachin=GOD

How many of you have actually ever been to Manchester or even seen a game? What are your links to the club' date= or are you all just the common glory hunter?
so going to Manchester and/or watching a game in the stadium are the new criteria to be fulfilled in order to become a fan ????

so going to Manchester and/or watching a game in the stadium are the new criteria to be fulfilled in order to become a fan ????
Well you can become a fan for whatever reason you like, but when you pick the most successful and have more local clubs or one your dad supported growing up, then you are by all definitions a glory hunter. I take it you're not from Manchester and you've never been to a game have you?

How many of you have actually ever been to Manchester or even seen a game? What are your links to the club' date=' or are you all just the common glory hunter?[/quote'] most of us in this thread have supported manutd for more than a decade(i am 20 by the way),seen the bad phase when we were having a transition phase when idiots like djemba djemba,barthez,howard, were tried and were 2-3rd in the league,knocked out of europe by benfica,lilee ffs,seen a great phase when ronaldo,rooney,vidic were in their prime,we dominated europe won championships.. as a die hard supporter you stick with the club during its bad phase,relish the great wins and that shows the true character of a supporter ,so ur definition of glory hunter subsides massively over here by the way on the topic,a great moment for us,winning the title that too comfortably,bossed the epl,RVP :hatsoff: ,kudos on ur 1st epl title

I guess the issue above is how fans support a team who is winning. And these fans are very common in India. Thus, the term glory-hunter can be used. There is absolutely no loyalty, they will talk about Manchester United as their favorite to boost their own likes/social status. And will quickly change it whenever any other team. No wonder, suddenly there are many Man City fans.

Ha, a three year period where you finish 3rd 3rd and 2nd is not that bad a 'bad phase'. Though maybe it was for Utd relatively speaking. Anyway I cant disagree with Bones, it is glory seeking to pick a side that happens to be one of the best in the world to support. May as well have picked Barcelona. You probably would have had the La Liga had the same kind of coverage (and spoken English). You need to have some kind of genuine affinity for a club in order to support it- Id think so anyway. And that comes typically from being from that place where the club is based. Which is why Id ask the same questions he is...in fact do you guys even live in England?! Having said all that feel free to support whoever and bask in their win, Utd are a great side and well deserved. I like a lot of the Utd players, still wish City had won it but there you go.

You don't really need to look much behind. Utd lost to Madrid recently in the UCL quarterfinal. Right then we didn't see any of us Utd fans skipping over to Madrid's side just because they win. Even last season, when City won the title, there were no fans switching sides over to City just because they won. Glory hunting is when you support a team only when it is winning.