Aussies triumph again

Donny

They've done it again. :regular_smile: India's wonderful victory has again reminded us all of the value Australia is to the great game. Other teams really have to play out of their skins to prevail against them - as the two finalists, Pakistan and India, have done in this tournament. The Aussies inspire lesser teams and that's good for the game. A fairly ordinary England won the '05 Ashes, SA chased 430 odd in a one dayer and got them, the Black Caps always lift a couple of gears when they see the green and gold approaching and both Bangladesh & Zimbabwe have risen to great heights to knock off the champs. Yesterday's effort from India was full of spirit, courage and talent. It also highlighted what I wrote about them when I first came to ICF - cut out the dead wood and GET THE YOUNGSTERS INTO THE TEAM !! I know this is a T20 tournament but who will dare to say India is not a better, more exciting team than the one which lost to England, just a few weeks back. And why ? Because the present team is bristling with youthful talent. The same can be said for Pakistan. Sure, they'll bring back Yousuf & Kaneria for Tests and India will bring Dravid and Kumble in but both teams now look to have an exciting near and long term future. Circumstance has done what conservative selectors have been loathe to do. The Sachins and Inzis could well still come up with an innings or two but they are just keeping the Rainas, Yuvis, Misbahs etc. from gaining valuable experience. The two best teams have made the T20 final and good luck to them - they deserve it.

The Aussies inspire lesser teams and that's good for the game. A fairly ordinary England won the '05 Ashes, SA chased 430 odd in a one dayer and got them, the Black Caps always lift a couple of gears when they see the green and gold approaching and both Bangladesh & Zimbabwe have risen to great heights to knock off the champs.
Are you a speaking on behalf of Ponting? Its sounding more like that. That is the biggest mistake. Never underestimate your opponent. Lesser teams... seriously you don't know how to appreciate

Donny..... it's a well thought out "psy-ops"....we are not going to fall for such "praise". typical way of "westerners" and white supremascists to project even their defeat as something like a favor to winning country. Tomorrow you guyz will say that Australia is doing a favor by playing against Asians?? waah waah..what a way of indoctrination.:omg_smile: I say, if you can't accept defeat, just be blunt and tell it frankly like many of we Indians do ( in crisp and clear words, when we faced defeat from Bangladesh or newer teams), rather than indulging in subtle psy-ops.:whatchutalkingabout

I say, if you can't accept defeat, just be blunt and tell it frankly like many of we Indians do in crisp and clear words, when we face defeat from Bangladesh or newer teams, rather than indulging in subtle psy-ops.:whatchutalkingabout when we faced defeat from Bangladesh or newer teams), rather than indulging in subtle psy-ops.:whatchutalkingabout
now now when we lost people here said it was more a case of india losing rather than bangla winning it.......
now now when we lost people here said it was more a case of india losing rather than bangla winning it.......
I given Bong, just as a "rough" comparison example. In fact Bong and India, cannot be compared in totality....fact that we have defeated Aussies several times in past and in some key matches including a few Sharjah encounters. However for Bong it was just one-off win. So Australia getting defeated is nothing new as far as limited overs game is concerned. hope it is clear now.

Come on guys, Donny is making a good point here. Some of the recent great feats have been against Australia because the opposition has had to raise their game up to their levels. Laxman and Harbhajan in '01, Flintoff in '05, and a few examples which Donny also gave. Just because he is an Aussie, it doesn't change the fact that teams have had to stretch and bring out their very best to beat Australia. We have been saying pretty much the same thing over the last couple of days.

Well said, Donny. Only Australia could have come that close yesterday. Most other opposition wouldn't have had the mental fortitude to take a crack at 188 after being beaten ball after ball in that opening period. The Indian bowlers were playing out of their skins. Australia are still the best team in world cricket, IMO but the gap is narrowing.

I given Bong' date=' just as a[b'] "rough" comparison example. In fact Bong and India, cannot be compared in totality....fact that we have defeated Aussies several times in past and in some key matches including a few Sharjah encounters. However for Bong it was just one-off win. So Australia getting defeated is nothing new as far as limited overs game is concerned. hope it is clear now.
he is not comparing the sides with one90s aussie where they used to be defeated or were not dominating enough. he is comparing it to the current aussie who have been more than dominant enough over the past decade .

Nobody denies the fact that yesterday's loss notwithstanding the Aussies are still the best team out there but they got beaten by a team of rookies.The Haydens,Gillys and Husseys are supposed to chase 188 against RP's and Srees.The OP doesent mention the fact that the Aussies choked miserably from a winning position against the 'lesser' team.

Nobody denies the fact that yesterday's loss notwithstanding the Aussies are still the best team out there but they got beaten by a team of rookies.The Haydens' date='Gillys and Husseys are supposed to chase 188 against RP's and Srees.The OP doesent mention the fact that the Aussies choked miserably from a winning position against the 'lesser' team.[/quote'] What is the point in stating the obvious ? Everyone knows that Australia lost their way from a winning position. The point is that every time a team faces up to this team, they immediately raise their game. Teams know that nothing less than 110% effort would suffice if they are to contemplate a victory against this Aussie side. Notice how India kept fighting, even after it looked like a lost cause. That is the kind of intensity teams need to summon in order to beat Australia.
a more appropriate question to you would be why the "holier than thou" snottiness ?
Avoiding the question with another (irrelevant) question. A cheap and transparent trick which takes the debate nowhere. I've done over 1000 posts in this website. Where in any of them do you see me referring to the Aussies as 'us', 'my team' or we ? I've repeatedly stated I'm a cricket lover and writer with no particular affiliation to any team and yet, still, the likes of you and no-brainers like dsr keep referring to me like I'm a rabid Aussie fanatic. I like a contest and good cricket. Yes, I own and run AussieCricket.net but my charter, on the homepage, clearly states, "AussieCricket.net is not just for Aussie supporters. We welcome fans of any country and cricket lovers throughout the world." lt's a cricket fansite, not an Aussie fansite.