Kohli reminds me of myself - Viv Richards

Virat Kohli has received a compliment from Viv Richards, the former West Indies batsman, as he said that the Indian batsman reminds him of himself when he goes out to bat. Richards, largely acknowledged as the game's most destructive batsman, was recently appointed by the Delhi Daredevils as team ambassador. "I love watching Virat Kohli bat. He looks to me like an individual of my own heart. I love his aggression, and [he has] serious passion that I used to have. He reminds me of myself," Richards told PTI. "He is an individual who doesn't back off from confrontation; someone who can stand his ground under pressure. I love that as you can't teach these instinctive aspects." Richards also praised Kohli's attitude towards fielding, and how he looks to be positive. "Just like me, he loves the ball to come to him. He wants to dive, stop the runs. He is a livewire unlike some fielders, who would just dig a hole and dive in it rather than dive to stop the ball." Richards, however, believes that with Sachin Tendulkar continuing to play beyond 40, the country's expectations on Kohli will be high. "I believe till Tendulkar is there, you need to give him respect," Richards said. "Obviously, once Sachin retires, you can bank on Kohli as he is young enough and has a lot of time on his side. He will only improve and continue to get better."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2013/content/story/632180.html :hatsoff::hatsoff:
You forgot to add in title "on flat tracks" :giggle:
I love watching Virat Kohli bat. He looks to me like an individual of my own heart. I love his aggression, and [he has] serious passion that I used to have. He reminds me of myself," Richards told PTI. "He is an individual who doesn't back off from confrontation; someone who can stand his ground under pressure. I love that as you can't teach these instinctive aspects."
He is no pussy, that what he meant :--D, his attitude and arrogance is Kohli biggest weaponry, he uses that propel himself to next level.
:two_thumbs_up:
You added Pujara, does that mean he is a pussy or you trying to say that Pujara is like Viv Richard. Sachin is like Don Bradman- Bradman said he bat like me. Kohli is exactly like Viv Richard- Viv Richard said he bat like me History is repeating itself :two_thumbs_up:
why did some people have such timid attitude, this is not a barbie girl competition. You have show aggression on the feild, just can't ignore anyone like a coward. You have fight fire with fire.
I guess you haven't seen players like Anil Kumble. His eyes showed more passion and aggression in one match than Kohli could show by abusing for 10 years.
I guess you haven't seen players like Anil Kumble. His eyes showed more passion and aggression in one match than Kohli could show by abusing for 10 years.
Kohli add another dimension to Indian aggression, there is more spice to his aggression. Kumble was a different kind of a beast, can't compare an orange with apple.
Kohli add another dimension to Indian aggression, there is more spice to his aggression. Kumble was a different kind of a beast, can't compare an orange with apple.
being aggressive is good but abusing every time you get out or take a catch is simply a sign of his immaturity as a cricketer - as long as he keeps doing that I don't see him as a potential Captain in either Tests or ODIs.