Devon ke Dev mahadev - Love it

Vilander

I know i am a couple of years late with this one but. I happened across this serial a few days ago. When i was in india i used to bump into this serial but at that time i thought it was an other bakwas myth serial. But turns out its a good one, actually pretty good. Loved the whole SHIVA as a relatable character, and the SATI angle. Good actors and terrific treatment of the subject. Very pleasantly surprised. Devon-Ke-Dev-Mahadev-1.jpg180012-mohit-raina-as-shiv-in-devon-ke-dev-mahadev.jpgShiva+Back+-+Trishul.jpgA-still-from-the-TV-show-Devon-Ke-Dev--Mahadev.jpgmahadev5.jpg209013-sonarika-bhadoria-as-parvati-in-devon-ke-dev-mahadev.jpg

In what i have watched so far, the story of SATI and her death and the eventual desicration of her earthy body to eventually form the shakti pedam's intense story. I never thought i would love siva puran so much. In certain levels it rekindled my inner Hindu so to speak of. It is relevant especially now in india, the way SHIVA was deeply mourning his spouse, especially because she was a human( SHAKTI in human form), he eventually renders himself into human form to experience her pain..awesome.

In what i have watched so far' date=' [b']the story of SATI and her death and the eventual desicration of her earthy body to eventually form the shakti pedam's intense story. I never thought i would love siva puran so much. In certain levels it rekindled my inner Hindu so to speak of. It is relevant especially now in india, the way SHIVA was deeply mourning his spouse, especially because she was a human( SHAKTI in human form), he eventually renders himself into human form to experience her pain..awesome.
The place where her scared body fell are referred to as Maha Shakti Peeth. Proud to be born in a town (Gaya) which is one of the three most sacred of these peeths. Maa Mangla Gauri is the temple atop a hill that we pretty much visited every few weeks. Awesome to visit around Navratri. The other two places considered in the same reverence are Kamarupa (Assam) & Ujjain (MP). Good serial. Enjoy it when I possibly can.

It is my favorite serial ,the research work has been done by devdutt patnaik and bodhisatva, credit goes to them as well,devdutt himself is an excellent writer and has written many books on Hindu gods and epics,not to forget the commendable job done by mohit Raina as shiva,his carrier was as good as over before mahadev,but now you can't imagine anybody as mahadev be it from past , present and future,his portrayal of not only lord shiva but also,veerbhadra,nat,jata,swami,sharabh,kaalbhairav,avadhut,shilpkar,batuk(oops that was a kid) and not to forget mighty Jalandhar is exceptional,this serial Is right up there along with Ramayana and mahabharat ,the phrase which is used during veerbhadra avtara" sum sum sum sansaram sum rup shankaram,rum rum rum rakt varanam pralayamkari veerbhadram". Is written by one of the great shivaite Kashmiri pandit abhinavgupta. also mauni Roy as sati,sonarika bhadhoria as parvati,surendra pal as daksha,Saurabh raj Jain as vishnu,sadhil kapoor as ganesh,Rushiraj pawar as kartikeya,Jatin lalwani as Indra ,Shailesh dattar as narad muni,manoj kolhatkar as Maharishi dhadhichi,kumar hegde as Nandi,shilpa tulaskar as menavati and pankaj dheer as himavan have been awesome .