Dear Virat! Mumbai says Hi!

Prakat

Oh yes, the Mumbai crowd will call you a 'cheat' when you play IPL and that is absolutely fine. Well done :two_thumbs_up: Next we will see Sachin/Viru/Dravid/Dhoni/Zaheer being called a cheat when playing away IPL games and expect them to 'chin up and act like men'.
You repeat the same thing again and again in every thread. From ancient history crowds have called opposition team members all kinds of names and abuses. I simply do not understand why you are so hung up on this one word. When crowds have called an opposition player MC, is he actually a MC? Why are you so hung up on this one word and trying to prove Kohli didn't cheat? Did you try to prove Symonds is not an actual monkey? Why does it matter what word was used to sledge? I have heard this chant many times, "gali gali Mai shor hai, X player chor hai!" then do you try and prove that player is not actually a thief? Grow up kid

As much as I love Kohli for the fact that he has a ton of talent, he needs to grow up and clean up his act. I don't even think he is ready to be the future Indian captain. It is a privilege and he needs to earn respect.. I however, believe that the Mumbai crowd went too far by calling him a cheat so blatantly.

You repeat the same thing again and again in every thread. From ancient history crowds have called opposition team members all kinds of names and abuses. I simply do not understand why you are so hung up on this one word. When crowds have called an opposition player MC, is he actually a MC? Why are you so hung up on this one word and trying to prove Kohli didn't cheat? Did you try to prove Symonds is not an actual monkey? Why does it matter what word was used to sledge? I have heard this chant many times, "gali gali Mai shor hai, X player chor hai!" then do you try and prove that player is not actually a thief? Grow up kid
If you have to indulge in ad hominem like that, you have the option of ignoring my posts. Thanks.

'Cheater' is a common chant in all the cricketing venues of Maharashtra (Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur etc). Every time an opposition plays, they might have to hear it whenever a decision goes against the home side. Applicable to all kinds of matches - Ranji Trophy, IPL, ODIs, Tests etc. Nothing personal about it - the way Kohli's MC-BCs are not supposed to be personal. It's common banter, and a lot of banter is supposed to happen in IPL when the whole concept is around domestic rivalry.

^^ hey wat did they call sreesanth... never knew he was being taunted during the wc final..
people were pissed by (A) how he was included in the side at the expense of ashwin (B) how he let the runs leak after Zaheer has bowled a tight spell. People abused him like anything. Cheater is quite light in that context. I guess the only thing was that the crowd did not all call him the same thing at the same time.

people were pissed by (A) how he was included in the side at the expense of ashwin (B) how he let the runs leak after Zaheer has bowled a tight spell. People abused him like anything. Cheater is quite light in that context. I guess the only thing was that the crowd did not all call him the same thing at the same time.
And it doesn't help the fact that SreeSanth is one of the most arrogant and immature players in modern day cricket. His childish antics are endless and know no bounds.

:haha::haha:... we were also abusing him for leaking so many runs and bowling like an idiot.. that was one big mistake to leave out ashwin for monkeysanth.. luckily it dint cost us the match..

Cricinfo reaction to Virat being booed: "Virat deserves all of this, he might be the most talented batsman that India has today, and a passionate leader, but he has done blunders this IPL as a leader and captain. He has shown, he is not yet anywhere close to being India's captain. More than one on-field fights with old team mates, standing his ground when he is clearly out, and yesterday's incident was epic, he can clearly see how Ambati was forced out of crease, still he appealed and allowed him to leave the field. These moments define a cricketer, when Sachin/Gilly and many others left by themselves for caught behind, when Jayawardhene walked out against his teammate Malinga for LBW this IPL, for a old timer like me, this is what defines Cricketing moments. Its not IPL that creates the divide. Its all his acts that define him and these jeers. He even blasts his own players! And about umpire's job, how many times umpires have given out and you have shown on-field anger!?"

it was funny in that sense. You had your regulation Hindi gaalis like Mc BC mixed with other marathi gaalis which are more localized. In any case the chanting and swearing usually originates from the North Stand crowd. Before Wankhede was remodelled they even booed sachin when he failed v England. what happened with the remodelling i guess is these elements were pushed to all parts of the ground. In any case, the IPL matches are quite family oriented. Its the India matches were the young men turn really abusive.

Virat should be last man preaching about sportsmanship.He got into altercation with Gauti in this IPL.The crowd booed him because everyone felt he lacked sportsmanship as he did not call back Ambatti who could not make the crease although it was unintentional from the bowler.Why does Rahul Dravid never gets booed but short tempered players get booed?It's obvious.

it was funny in that sense. You had your regulation Hindi gaalis like Mc BC mixed with other marathi gaalis which are more localized. In any case the chanting and swearing usually originates from the North Stand crowd. Before Wankhede was remodelled they even booed sachin when he failed v England. what happened with the remodelling i guess is these elements were pushed to all parts of the ground. In any case, the IPL matches are quite family oriented. Its the India matches were the young men turn really abusive.
The North Stand Gang is the father of all the chants and mexican waves. :agree: They make the match so much fun. :good:

Cricinfo reaction to Virat being booed: "Virat deserves all of this, he might be the most talented batsman that India has today, and a passionate leader, but he has done blunders this IPL as a leader and captain. He has shown, he is not yet anywhere close to being India's captain. More than one on-field fights with old team mates, standing his ground when he is clearly out, and yesterday's incident was epic, he can clearly see how Ambati was forced out of crease, still he appealed and allowed him to leave the field. These moments define a cricketer, when Sachin/Gilly and many others left by themselves for caught behind, when Jayawardhene walked out against his teammate Malinga for LBW this IPL, for a old timer like me, this is what defines Cricketing moments. Its not IPL that creates the divide. Its all his acts that define him and these jeers. He even blasts his own players! And about umpire's job, how many times umpires have given out and you have shown on-field anger!?"
I also saw him raising his finger like an umpire, to Rayudu.. What an obnoxious tw@@t...

Virat should be last man preaching about sportsmanship.He got into altercation with Gauti in this IPL.The crowd booed him because everyone felt he lacked sportsmanship as he did not call back Ambatti who could not make the crease although it was unintentional from the bowler.Why does Rahul Dravid never gets booed but short tempered players get booed?It's obvious.
Sachin is short tempered :hmmm:

For Sachin the boo was related to his batting form and the way he got out. I think they adore him but had enough of his batting form.
I think even Mumbai fans can't stand how Tendulkar is destroying himself these last 2 years. It has to be hard for them to take it like this..

The North Stand Gang is the father of all the chants and mexican waves. :agree: They make the match so much fun. :good:
yeah but after they booed sachin the shiv sena got to a lot of them and had a "talk". They are not so robust now a days