Dear Virat! Mumbai says Hi!

Prakat

Such things only happen in India......extreme forms of hero worship and all......absolutely hate it......Aussies and English can be a-holes themselves but they are always about the collective when it comes down to it.....Not in India.....still remember how pissed off I was when I checked the papers the day after Sachin scored his 100th 100......absolutely cringeworthy.....
and i agree. for for eg saw people actually wishing people out in the test v Australia in chennai. This was at a time when India lost viru and viajy quite cheaply as well.

Yep u know more than IBN :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
yes, watch the actually video of when Gavaskar got out. I for one dont hear any boos and dont even see the crowd reacting much. They all appear seated for one. They were just disappointed and its mostly an "awwww" watch around the 20 min mark doMRUqZFnAs Maybe its time you eat your dosa and stay quiet....

Cricketers (especially in IPL) need to realize that we are not here for them, but they are here for us. They are here to entertain us. If we don't like the entertainment, the we will boo and abuse them. This is what they signed up for when they take the million dollar checks from IPL. People like Gayle realize this and play up the crowd with their antics and performance. And poople cheer for him no matter what stadium. This idiot Kohli is going around saying that IPL is not the end of everything. When people like Gayle know exactly what to say "We're paid to be competitive out there, serious event the IPL, lot of money being spent, you want to put on your best performance at all times."

yes, watch the actually video of when Gavaskar got out. I for one dont hear any boos and dont even see the crowd reacting much. They all appear seated for one. They were just disappointed and its mostly an "awwww" watch around the 20 min mark doMRUqZFnAs Maybe its time you eat your dosa and stay quiet....
How on earth would u conclude from that .They didnt even show him walking to the pavilian and the audio quality is poor. If u want a different source heres from IE in a different article http://expressindia.indianexpress.com/latest-news/gavaskar-celebrates-60th-bday/487731/ And heres from India Today http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/Timeline+of+Sunil+Gavaskar's+career/1/51119.html Obviously everyone has an agenda against Mumbai crowd:cantstop: And please keep ur eating suggestions to yourself

i dont know what you were watching. They clearly show him walking back to the pavillion and the anguish from the crowd. That lasted for nearly a minute. Dont tell me that starting booing only when he reached the edge of the boundary. Secondly its 1987, your hardly going to get HD streaming or quality are you? Its just become sensationalism by the media outlets to report trash. An urban myth. I think its there for all to see. Actually footage. V something which the media had made up. If you want to prove your point maybe you need to show me a print from a newspaper in 1987 in the aftermath of the match. Not some news articles published after Sachin was booed in 2006. Its become really convenient for the media to paint some sort of pattern. Dont worry you can still eat ya dosa while searching for those articles.

Cricketers (especially in IPL) need to realize that we are not here for them' date=' but they are here for us. They are here to entertain us. If we don't like the entertainment, the we will boo [b']and abuse them. This is what they signed up for when they take the million dollar checks from IPL. People like Gayle realize this and play up the crowd with their antics and performance. And poople cheer for him no matter what stadium. This idiot Kohli is going around saying that IPL is not the end of everything. When people like Gayle know exactly what to say "We're paid to be competitive out there, serious event the IPL, lot of money being spent, you want to put on your best performance at all times."
No.....they sign up to play and represent their respective franchises.....not to hear strangers share their opinion about how they would pleasure the players' mom or sister....or anything derogatory...booing is fine...personal abuse from the crowd is cowardly and pathetic......the fact that you think it is ok to abuse someone is simply sad.....it is also sad that it is supposedly part of the whole experience of watching sports....

No.....they sign up to play and represent their respective franchises.....not to hear strangers share their opinion about how they would pleasure the players' mom or sister....or anything derogatory...booing is fine...personal abuse from the crowd is cowardly and pathetic......the fact that you think it is ok to abuse someone is simply sad.....it is also sad that it is supposedly part of the whole experience of watching sports....
It would be a little too much to abuse player who behaves nicely. Even then they are still at the crowd's mercy. IPL would not be so flashy and well compensated for if the crowd did not turn out and spend money on gear/ tickets/ watching tv. But Kohli has a history of being obnoxious **** to the crowd and even other players. I see no problem is abusing him, his mother, sister etc in the stadium with words.

An Aussie friend of mine was in India during the test series that we lost. He said that Mumbai crowd is the worst he has ever seen anywhere in the world. He has seen test cricket all over the world and his opinion was " they are the worst behaved, simply abusive and racist. The chants "Hayden (or any other player) is a bastard is neither funny nor a sledge, it's just idiotic." He was also told that the chants in hindi were also plain gaalis and he couldn't understand why people enjoyed it and why some Mumbai walas thought that it was funny.

That's what I thought initially.....but then why would the ganju come up and tell those guys not to say such things?......CSK rocks/roars is hardly offensive.......Kohli is a premium dhakkan simply for the fact that he reacted.....
The same video - you hear the crowd say "Well Played" to Zaheer Khan. This is the same bowler who was part of the Mumbai Indians squad last IPL and is now playing at RCB. Kohli attracts this because of his on-field demeanors.

It would be a little too much to abuse player who behaves nicely. Even then they are still at the crowd's mercy. IPL would not be so flashy and well compensated for if the crowd did not turn out and spend money on gear/ tickets/ watching tv. But Kohli has a history of being obnoxious **** to the crowd and even other players. I see no problem is abusing him, his mother, sister etc in the stadium with words.
Ok.....so since the precedent has been set.....then the Mumbai crowd should not complain about anything Kohli does from now on then, right??.....

The same video - you hear the crowd say "Well Played" to Zaheer Khan. This is the same bowler who was part of the Mumbai Indians squad last IPL and is now playing at RCB. Kohli attracts this because of his on-field demeanors.
Yeh kaunsa match tha....RCB vs CSK...or 2nd eliminator between RCB and MI in 2011....??

An Aussie friend of mine was in India during the test series that we lost. He said that Mumbai crowd is the worst he has ever seen anywhere in the world. He has seen test cricket all over the world and his opinion was " they are the worst behaved' date=' simply abusive and racist. The chants "Hayden (or any other player) is a bastard is neither funny nor a sledge, it's just idiotic." He was also told that the chants in hindi were also plain gaalis and he couldn't understand why people enjoyed it and why some Mumbai walas thought that it was funny.[/quote'] Not surprising.

An Aussie friend of mine was in India during the test series that we lost. He said that Mumbai crowd is the worst he has ever seen anywhere in the world. He has seen test cricket all over the world and his opinion was " they are the worst behaved' date= simply abusive and racist. The chants "Hayden (or any other player) is a bastard is neither funny nor a sledge, it's just idiotic." He was also told that the chants in hindi were also plain gaalis and he couldn't understand why people enjoyed it and why some Mumbai walas thought that it was funny.
Which series was this?