• Announcements

• Trichromatic

IPL forum is open now   01/29/2018

Discuss about IPL at http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/forum/19-ipl-forum/
Sign in to follow this  
Crookbond

Samsung Galaxy S4

Your "Life Companion". The moment you think Samsung can't get any worse with it's PR; they surprise you. Like a wise man once said - Never endorse a phone from a company which sells washing machines! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: ZJs7N3aM75Y&feature=player_embedded

well i will add to it.. if they improve these little problems in update then s4 is pretty good too and has some top specs one of my biggest reason to give miss to s4 is exoynos chip bcos of it there is always problem in android development on sites like xda and also there are 2 versions and snapdragon will be majority so lot less roms and cool stuff :P

s4 beats every other phone with its display...it's truly amazing ... but its letdown is its chepo plastic body... but exonys 5 chipset performs a wee bit better than snapdragon 600... so if one needs looks can opt for xperia z or htc one... other wise s4 wins hands down...

s4 beats every other phone with its display...it's truly amazing ... but its letdown is its chepo plastic body... but exonys 5 chipset performs a wee bit better than snapdragon 600... so if one needs looks can opt for xperia z or htc one... other wise s4 wins hands down...
how is that screen better then one's ? its over saturated and its personal preference imo

how is that screen better then one's ? its over saturated and its personal preference imo
http://www.gsmarena.com/displaymate_tests_galaxy_s4_screen_gives_it_the_thumbs_up-news-5928.php I guess they have provided some options in settings to turn down saturation levels to your liking ...don't know...but most of the reviews I have read say s4 has better display ...

http://www.gsmarena.com/displaymate_tests_galaxy_s4_screen_gives_it_the_thumbs_up-news-5928.php I guess they have provided some options in settings to turn down saturation levels to your liking ...don't know...but most of the reviews I have read say s4 has better display ...
u cant..everyone thought adobe rgb mode will make it saner display but best mode is movie mode :winky: and its all up to personal prefrence.. i was never big fan of amoled btw go to xda (s4 forum ) and find thread about display problems.. i will advice to not buy s4 right now it has some problems..

u cant..everyone thought adobe rgb mode will make it saner display but best mode is movie mode :winky: and its all up to personal prefrence.. i was never big fan of amoled btw go to xda (s4 forum ) and find thread about display problems.. i will advice to not buy s4 right now it has some problems..
I prefer amoled over lcd, blacks look really nice... its personal choice btw . also you are right about custom roms exyonys version will have lesser rom due to problems with sources .. so if one is into rooting and flashing will be letdown by international version of s4 :agree:

I prefer amoled over lcd, blacks look really nice... its personal choice btw . also you are right about custom roms exyonys version will have lesser rom due to problems with sources .. so if one is into rooting and flashing will be letdown by international version of s4 :agree:
yeah ..my note 10.1 still does not has proper stable cm rom cos of that:cantstop: nightly work totally fine but still its big headache for devs and specially if this version is minority there is good chance it will get ignored .. this is one of the biggest reason i will go with one :P

yeah ..my note 10.1 still does not has proper stable cm rom cos of that:cantstop: nightly work totally fine but still its big headache for devs and specially if this version is minority there is good chance it will get ignored .. this is one of the biggest reason i will go with one :P
:two_thumbs_up:

Iphone 5 an HTC one doesnt have expandable memory:whine: ye kya behuda mazak hai
base model of samsung has 16 gb base model of one has 32 gb and u cant put apps in sd card but if u have tons of media then i guess s4 is best option for u :two_thumbs_up:
HTC One is the best smartphone in the world currently.
agree :D

HTC one looks better, S4 is supposed to have something called Air Scroll, not sure if it is useful or if it even works as advertised.

HTC one looks better' date=' S4 is supposed to have something called Air Scroll, not sure if it is useful or if it even works as advertised.[/quote'] its useless only feature i like is air view and even that works in limited apps

So not sure which one to buy. Have heard some good things about s4 then heard some wierd things about it. I just want the best phone now which has the best battery life.
web browsing battery is better on htc one most of others things its better on s4 but difference is marginal but u can get extra batteries and can even replace if old one dies i prefer htc once why dont u use both and see which u prefer?

Would have bought HTC one in a jiffy only if it had extendable memory.
just keep in mind on base version of htc u get 32 gb internal storage and on samsung 16 gb oout of which only 9gb is free and u cant put apps on sd card

just keep in mind on base version of htc u get 32 gb internal storage and on samsung 16 gb oout of which only 9gb is free and u cant put apps on sd card
You can if you partition the memory card.

You can if you partition the memory card.
no only way is to root ur phone and swap both storage and its not best solution cos micro sd card with apps slows phone down google after android 4.0 does not supports apps on sd card

no only way is to root ur phone and swap both storage and its not best solution cos micro sd card with apps slows phone down google after android 4.0 does not supports apps on sd card
Yeah only way is to root and have a custom rom installed in your mobile. I partitioned my card when i had my galaxy mini which had low internal memory for apps and it doesn't slow down your mobile if you selected the perfect solution.

Yeah only way is to root and have a custom rom installed in your mobile. I partitioned my card when i had my galaxy mini which had low internal memory for apps and it doesn't slow down your mobile if you selected the perfect solution.
majority of people dont root so its still a valid concern also rooting voids warranty
How's the Experia Z/ZL ? The waterproof/dustproof features sound tempting.
they are good they have last year's chip also sony has bad record with updating phones other then good very good devices

majority of people dont root so its still a valid concern also rooting voids warranty
Yes i do agree most of the new mobile doesn't need custom rom since manufacturer rom are better nowadays. We can un-root and still claim for warranty right :hmmm:

Yes i do agree most of the new mobile doesn't need custom rom since manufacturer rom are better nowadays. We can un-root and still claim for warranty right :hmmm:
yeah but what if u kill ur phone while its still rooted? happened to me i was able to fix it though :giggle:

also manufacture roms suck:finger: even if u want manufacture rom there are better versions of them for example on note 2 u can have one rom or tweak with which u can make all app muli window apps.. also many people just prefer stock roms like me :dontknow:

yeah but what if u kill ur phone while its still rooted? happened to me i was able to fix it though :giggle:
You won't brick your mobile if you follow instructions from xda perfectly :giggle:

also manufacture roms suck:finger: even if u want manufacture rom there are better versions of them for example on note 2 u can have one rom or tweak with which u can make all app muli window apps.. also many people just prefer stock roms like me :dontknow:
I prefer CM roms and i hate roms with heave widgets and customization which uses most of the RAM. Custom roms of Galaxy S*/Note* haven't got the official features in it or they might have found the way in xda..Been long time since i visited xda.

I prefer CM roms and i hate roms with heave widgets and customization which uses most of the RAM. Custom roms of Galaxy S*/Note* haven't got the official features in it or they might have found the way in xda..Been long time since i visited xda.
even i prefer cm :agree: this is another reason to not get internation galaxy s4 cos of that octa chip there will be problem in development as samsung does not releases full code or something of it for devs also this phone will be only available in few countries so very less development..

even i prefer cm :agree: this is another reason to not get internation galaxy s4 cos of that octa chip there will be problem in development as samsung does not releases full code or something of it for devs also this phone will be only available in few countries so very less development..
Yup, Intl version of S4 getting locked bootloader.

I can put apps on my SD card on my S2 using Apps to SD.Is that no more possible?

Yup' date=' Intl version of S4 getting locked bootloader.[/quote'] even htc has locked bootloader but they have a site htc dev something where u can unlock it and bootloader is not problem its the chip they used in it