Who's looking forward to ENG-NZ 2 tests

I can't wait. As a big NZ cricket fan, i think they are playing better test cricket then ever. One player in particular I am excited about is Rutherford I think he's the deal for NZ. Recently, he faced the same oppositions and played Anderson and co with great ease. He looked solid. Reminded me of the temperment of the other fantastic NZ opener - Mark Richardson. I hope he can carry on like the way he is in England two. So much for Ashes, but this series really is going to be interesting. Hoping New Zealand can pull of a victory in first test. I think they can this time.

I can't wait. As a big NZ cricket fan, i think they are playing better test cricket then ever. One player in particular I am excited about is Rutherford I think he's the deal for NZ. Recently, he faced the same oppositions and played Anderson and co with great ease. He looked solid. Reminded me of the temperment of the other fantastic NZ opener - Mark Richardson. I hope he can carry on like the way he is in England two. So much for Ashes, but this series really is going to be interesting. Hoping New Zealand can pull of a victory in first test. I think they can this time.
Yeah, me too felt Rutherford is just like Richardson ... Boring and Effective.
Rutherford definitely likes to play more shots though. and at times can shot good temperment.
Yeah, he has more shots, but is as patient as Richardson was .... But all pitches in Kiwiland this time were Flat as Pancakes and hence we should not judge him from performances there. Lets wait and watch.
Yeah' date=' he has more shots, but is as patient as Richardson was .... But all pitches in Kiwiland this time were Flat as Pancakes and hence we should not judge him from performances there. Lets wait and watch.[/quote'] Rutherford is more like Warner than Richardson. Mark Richardson was like Jonathan Trott for NZ.
Rutherford is more like Warner than Richardson. Mark Richardson was like Jonathan Trott for NZ.
WHAT? Dude totslly different. Warner is destructive like Sehwag. Rutherford is your typical test bat. He csn definitely change gears, but also possess great temperment.
You mean the way he paces his innings? Because he is more technically sound than Warner.
He's technically sound but he's as good as Warner in his hitting capabilities.
You gotta be kidding me ... Warner ... no patience' date=' Rutherford can grind it out.[/quote'] He's not Mark - block - Richardson either. He has a good technique but is as destructive as one can be. Rutherford can be very destructive. Someone who bats a SR of 78 in his first Test innings. FYI, his T20 SR is 143 in 3 T20Is and 135 in T20s overall. Lets have this discussion after few matches in his career. I have watched him enough and the dude has a SR of 71 in FC cricket. And for all, just because you have technique/temperament does not make you less destructive.
He's technically sound but he's as good as Warner in his hitting capabilities. He's not Mark - block - Richardson either. He has a good technique but is as destructive as one can be. Rutherford can be very destructive. Someone who bats a SR of 78 in his first Test innings. FYI, his T20 SR is 143 in 3 T20Is and 135 in T20s overall. Lets have this discussion after few matches in his career. I have watched him enough and the dude has a SR of 71 in FC cricket. And for all, just because you have technique/temperament does not make you less destructive.
When did you see his destroy like Warner does ... I just saw him in those 3 tests and he was nothing like Warner ... Maybe you see kiwi land domestic kirkut. Please enlighten me.
When did you see his destroy like Warner does ... I just saw him in those 3 tests and he was nothing like Warner ... Maybe you see kiwi land domestic kirkut. Please enlighten me.
The Mark Richardson which you are talking about had a SR of 37 in Test cricket and was a bowler to start with who converted to a batsman. I saw Hamish Rutherford on his Test debut playing at a SR of 78 and smoking Anderson, Finn, Broad and Panesar all around in Dunedin. That for me is destructive. 0Lvq7kg-cm0