A hint of movement and bounce

CSK Fan

If he can be consistent he can be decent option for WC in Oz.bowls decent seamup too:hmmm:
he is better option then pathan for me proper batsman and can swing the ball if conditions suit him he has bowled some beauties in this ipl

how do u know he is not working on it ? look im criticizing him too but not his work ethic ..he is one of more hard working cricketer..:(( thats why i feel bad.. also this issue can be worked upon imo concentrating on longer formats and learning to leave balls on length should be his major priority this way he will have intent when he plays right now he does not looks like going anywhere this is where mike hussey is so great! :hatsoff:
Rahane doesn't have what it takes...mark my words....Che pu might surprise us by becoming an all format cricketer but no hope for rahane.....rate m.tiwary over him

how do u know he is not working on it ? look im criticizing him too but not his work ethic ..he is one of more hard working cricketer..:(( thats why i feel bad.. also this issue can be worked upon imo concentrating on longer formats and learning to leave balls on length should be his major priority this way he will have intent when he plays right now he does not looks like going anywhere this is where mike hussey is so great! :hatsoff:
Did you see him change anything? Got dismissed the exact same way in the 3rd and 4th ODIs against England and now he was struggling against Holder. As Bhogle said- tall bowlers might be his weakness, I am not so certain about though he struggled against Broad in England. Watch the 3rd ODI, he was forcing himself against Broad. Great fan of his and want him do well. If he works harder on his faults then he can be a much better cricketer than the current lot, Vijay and such in Tests.

Did you see him change anything? Got dismissed the exact same way in the 3rd and 4th ODIs against England and now he was struggling against Holder. As Bhogle said- tall bowlers might be his weakness, I am not so certain about though he struggled against Broad in England. Watch the 3rd ODI, he was forcing himself against Broad. Great fan of his and want him do well. If he works harder on his faults then he can be a much better cricketer than the current lot, Vijay and such in Tests.
what can he change? u dont get these tracks normally and these tall bowlers its matter of confidence dont u remember during world cup harsh was saying for 2 months tendulkar found it almost impossible to go forward to morne morkel but on this track first ball bam:cantstop: trust me its mental thing playing in county on these pitches will help

agree I think that is a chink in his armor. Even i am a fan of Rahane but he does tend to struggle against tall pacers. Still lets not get carried away, prior to this match he has got 3 50s in a row on pitches which were not exactly flat. I am sure he is aware of it and working on it. In general i think he is having a very good IPL.

to be fair even Dravid was struggling v Holder. Maybe its time to admit that CSK did bowl well with the new ball. He went to force the issue which was a mistake. But it had to be done as Dravid at the other end was not exactly getting the runs.

has pathan ever been consistent?
no but hes more of a bowling AR,so gets in coz our other bowlers are crap Binny is more batsman so will have to be consistent as batsman to make his place as no.7

no but hes more of a bowling AR,so gets in coz our other bowlers are crap Binny is more batsman so will have to be consistent as batsman to make his place as no.7
didn't sir jaddu played at number 7 in australia last time around ? :(

I really dont know why people seem to pick on Rahane in this forum 14 matches, average 43.5 with a strike rate of 112 this season. He has 3 Man of the Match, awards and prior to this match has 3 consecutive 50s in two of which came on tricky wickets. that Punjab wicket was not as bad as this wicket but was not easy to bat on either. This overall IPL numbers are similar to somebody like Virat Kohli. He did not have a great match today but thats no reason to call him a hack. Jason Holder did bowl well. Even Dravid did not have the best of times against him.

I really dont know why people seem to pick on Rahane in this forum 14 matches, average 43.5 with a strike rate of 112 this season. He has 3 Man of the Match, awards and prior to this match has 3 consecutive 50s in two of which came on tricky wickets. that Punjab wicket was not as bad as this wicket but was not easy to bat on either. This overall IPL numbers are similar to somebody like Virat Kohli. He did not have a great match today but thats no reason to call him a hack. Jason Holder did bowl well. Even Dravid did not have the best of times against him.
its not form people expect him to become one of the best batsman of india in tests and he always struggled against quality bowlers on good pitches.. people are jsut worried and now doubting whether is he even good enough for tests..cos he genuinely struggled against these bowlers .. failure is one thing but getting outclassed other

he was at 8 IIRC also he has FC record to back him up(even if its pattas).Pathan n Binny dont have that
fair enough its just that he looks like part against big guys which cannot be said about most of other domestic players

its not form people expect him to become one of the best batsman of india in tests and he always struggled against quality bowlers on good pitches.. people are jsut worried and now doubting whether is he even good enough for tests..cos he genuinely struggled against these bowlers .. failure is one thing but getting outclassed other
i did not see him getting outclassed. For the record, he has played good hands v KKR against the likes of Lee and shami and also anchored a 34 not out v Punjab on a similar wicket to this. This is the first time he has failed on a seaming Jaipur wicket.

He played well only in last few matches, initially he is flop. even last year after starting brilliantly , during end stages he lost steam.

fair enough its just that he looks like part against big guys which cannot be said about most of other domestic players
yeah he seems to handle pressure really well which is crucial in ODIs.is next season will be crucial.if he can do as well he should be in imo