Top 10 IPL cricketers of all time

Texan

Pick your top 10 IPL cricketers of all time. Players must have consistent performances across multiple seasons. This list should not be specific to the current season only. Here's my list: 10 - Joint R Ashwin tumblr_lmeuxrqDhB1qcuaujo1_400.jpg10 - Joint AB DeVilliers AB-de-Villiers_25.jpg9 M S Dhoni 157291.2.jpg8 Virat Kohli IPL-Virat-Kohli7743.jpg6 - Joint Rohit Gurunath Sharma Rohit-Sharma1.jpg6 - Joint Suresh Raina Suresh-Raina-Chennai-Super-Kings-IPL-T20-2013-Player.png5 Mr Consistent, Mr Cricket - Michael Hussey b4a9c091-7a09-4fe3-bb27-7eabc473415dHiRes.JPG4 The brutal Shane Watson SHANE-WATSON_2761947.jpg3 The mysterious :sherlock: Sunil Narine Sunil-Narine-008.jpg2 Lasith Malinga, the man with the deadly yorkers Lasith-Malinga1.jpg1 The king of T20 cricket - Christopher Henry Gayle :adore: chris+gayle+gangnam+style.jpg

narine wouldnt be that mysterious if his sleeves were rolled up :good:
There is no rule in the book that asks bowlers to roll their sleeves up. So, he performs well within the rules of the game.

Cricinfo has a very nice article.. They will do it after every IPL.. Narine doesn't deserve a place based off a single IPL.. Warne should be in top 3.. Sachin, Gambhir, A Morkel, Sehwag, Peiterson deserve a place.. Dhoni and Malinga's places need to be swapped.

Kohli has just one or two good IPL season. How many 400 plus runs he has? Kohli should not be there in this list. Instead' date=' I will have Steyn.[/quote'] Steyn was not that effective in first 3 seasons for RCB.

Cricinfo has a very nice article.. They will do it after every IPL.. Narine doesn't deserve a place based off a single IPL.. Warne should be in top 3.. Sachin, Gambhir, A Morkel, Sehwag, Peiterson deserve a place.. Dhoni and Malinga's places need to be swapped.
What has Sachin done in IPL? His IPL record is just average.

Narine doesn't deserve a place based off a single IPL..
It's not a single IPL. It is two IPL's now. If a bowler plays 29 matches, has an economy rate of 5.53, average of 13.84 with 3 4WI and 1 5WI, you still don't think he deserves a place? :headshake:
Sachin' date=' Gambhir, A Morkel, Sehwag, Peiterson deserve a place..[/quote'] What has Sachin done in IPL? How many seasons has Peterson played in?

Ashwin ahead of Mishra? :phail:
You can pick your own top 10. Ashwin ahead of Mishra is due to the fact that Ashwin often opened the bowling and bowled a number of Powerplay overs in the past seasons and he was very successful at that. However, you can pick your own top 10 and I won't question it. This is my list based on my perception.

That's a good list in the OP if the criteria is multiple IPLs of top performance. Across the various editions, very few have been good, the obvious ones being: Malinga, Hussey, Raina, Ashwin, Watson, Gayle

That's a good list in the OP if the criteria is multiple IPLs of top performance. Across the various editions, very few have been good, the obvious ones being: Malinga, Hussey, Raina, Ashwin, Watson, Gayle
Ashwin only couple of seasons i guess. Even Hussey dropped in favour of Faf last year. Gayle for 3 seasons , but that took care of all 6 seasons combined :giggle:

Kohli definitely does not deserve to be there. AVB as well, did nothing much in first 3 IPL seasons. Among the batsman, it's Raina, Rohit, Gayle who stand out the most. And perhaps the best cricketer in IPL is Watson as he can do very well with both bat and bowl.