Sign in to follow this  
saneindian

Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

Shilpa Shetty just holds 12% if am correct. Is this Lachlan the majority share holder? Never heard of him before.
From Wiki
The Rajasthan Royals franchise is owned and chaired by Manoj Badale. Other investors include Ryan Tkalcevic, Lachlan Murdoch, Sir. Aditya S Chellaram and Suresh Chellaram. The Group acquired the franchise for $67 million.[2] Incidentally, this was the least expensive franchise in the Indian Premier League and probably the least fancied team in the league at the beginning of the tournament. Bollywood actress and Celebrity Big Brother winner Shilpa Shetty and her business partner (now husband) Raj Kundra paid approximately US $15.4 million for a 11.7% stake before the start of IPL 2 in early 2009, therefore valuing the team at $130 million.[3]

When these people are already making so much money' date=' why this greed for more?[/quote'] Money is not the only factor. Underworld. Honeytrap

The special cell tracked calls made by bookies and cricketers before arresting them.It is being said that there are many more cricketers involved in fixing but police do not have enough evidence so they are not being arrested. Shames on these ********.

so when will bangalore police investigate RP?
Are you kidding? how can you investigate now? if Sree and co proved for fixing and if they give other names then its different story.

The special cell tracked calls made by bookies and cricketers before arresting them.It is being said that there are many more cricketers involved in fixing but police do not have enough evidence so they are not being arrested. Shames on these ********.
If these 3 involved , there will be many who can eauly be involved.

well the post by sportsbloggeradi said more players are involved but police dont have enough evidence
So police themselves told they don't have evidence , nothing can be done.

Not shocked by this one bit.....and to the people who thought that I was always trolling with my claims of phiksing......wasn't kidding.....it's always been the white elephant in the room.....with so much money being thrown around, this was inevitable.....

Not jumping on the bandwagon but deep in our hearts we did have doubts on the way some games just changed momentum....also the other confusing thing is how can one fix a game....spot fixing I can see but even if the bowler cooperates,you just can't accurately hit a boundary every time,etc....**** I am confused how does this work :confused:

Not jumping on the bandwagon but deep in our hearts we did have doubts on the way some games just changed momentum....also the other confusing thing is how can one fix a game....spot fixing I can see but even of the bowler cooperates' date='you just can't accurately hit a boundary every time,etc....**** I am confused how does this work :confused:[/quote'] For Match fixing you need Captain , then few major players [Without Captain its too difficult to fix matches] Spot fix - An player and umpires .

So this is what Mallu Pride and aggression of Sree was all about : Fixing. Always thought Sree was one of the passionate and honest cricketers around who always gave his 100%. The guy has now put every Indian Cricket fan to shame and tarnished the image of the league. Could have understood if a few domestic players were involved but involvement of member of our Cricket team is unbelievable and shocking. Now how can anyone taunt the Pakis for fixing when even our well paid players do the same thing.

So this is what Mallu Pride and aggression of Sree was all about : Fixing. Always thought Sree was one of the passionate and honest cricketers around who always gave his 100%. The guy has now put every Indian Cricket fan to shame and tarnished the image of the league. Could have understood if a few domestic players were involved but involvement of member of our Cricket team is unbelievable and shocking. Now how can anyone taunt the Pakis for fixing when even our well paid players do the same thing.
For god's sake dont bring regional nonsense. Any one can do this , who knows who and all invloved.

Not jumping on the bandwagon but deep in our hearts we did have doubts on the way some games just changed momentum....also the other confusing thing is how can one fix a game....spot fixing I can see but even of the bowler cooperates' date='you just can't accurately hit a boundary every time,etc....[b']**** I am confused how does this work :confused:
It's hardly beyond the realms of comprehension.....think about someone like Jayawardene's situation.....gets paid $1.4 million for playing 16-19 matches in 2 months....is captain of his franchise....whether he performs or not, does not have a bearing on his national team spot.....if the fixing is institutionally backed.....why not comply? it's a win-win really......the only thing to be careful about is to not leave any tracks..... Now, I don't think that the matches are fixed down to a tee.....however.....the final results and the general pattern of the tournament definitely are.....

Even though both instances are f d up....you can always say our players fixed a league game and turned on their franchise where as pakis sold their country :giggle: When an Indian spot fixes an international game we will think of something else