Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

still hoping :rr: win IPL :((
Chavan Chandila and Sree are not regulars anyways i dont think RR's chances take a hit. As i said before, spot fixing always involves a captain. Without the captain its stupid to spot fix. Does anybody think Dravid is capable of spot fixing?
11:15 am: Chandila’s family says there is no truth in allegations Not surprisingly the family of Ajit Chandila has come out in his support and said there is no truth in the allegations against him. “It is all lies. There is no truth in these allegations,” an unidentified female relative of the cricketer said. She said that Chandila had called them last night but had made no mention of the police. 11:10 am: BCCI chief to speak at 12 pm, Delhi police chief to speak at 3 pm BCCI president N Srinivasan is expected to address the media at 12 pm. And the Delhi police chief is going to address the press at 3 pm, reports CNN-IBN.
Chavan Chandila and Sree are not regulars anyways i dont think RR's chances take a hit. As i said before, spot fixing always involves a captain. Without the captain its stupid to spot fix. Does anybody think Dravid is capable of spot fixing?
When kaneria fixed, captain wasn't involved.So captains will to fix is not required in all cases.Just that having captain as fixer makes a lot easy and more fixing opportunities for bookies.
If dravid is involved I will stop watching cricket
When kaneria fixed' date=' captain wasn't involved.So captains will to fix is not required in all cases.Just that having captain as fixer makes a lot easy and more fixing opportunities for bookies.[/quote'] well lets look at this specific case, Chavan played yesterday and was apparently told to give 13 runs in the over, he gave away 2 The others did not even play In the case of Sree and Ajit, why would you even bother approaching these two to spot fix when they are not regulars in the side anyways? I can maybe understand you approach a Binny or Rahane or Samson. Somebody who plays all the time
Fixing exists in cricket .It has been proved in Indian court (Azhar and gang)' date= South African court (Hansie and his gang), England court (Kaneria), Pakistan courts (Salim Malik etc) But it's difficult to prove this incident in Indian courts because we know how our governance is.
Not proved in that case. Even his life ban by BCCI was overturned by court.
Not proved in that case. Even his life ban by BCCI was overturned by court.
If I'm not mistaken......the only thing established by the courts in Azhar's case was that he knew the bookies, right?......either way.....I still think he was involved....
Its a good point that Captain has to be involved. Sree is being suspected for giving 20 runs in the last over. Now whose decision was it to give the most important over of the match to Sree ?
which match did he give away 20 runs in? Usually Sree does not bowl towards the end.
Dravid? Are you speculating? :facepalm:
well lets look at this specific case, Chavan played yesterday and was apparently told to give 13 runs in the over, he gave away 2 The others did not even play In the case of Sree and Ajit, why would you even bother approaching these two to spot fix when they are not regulars in the side anyways? I can maybe understand you approach a Binny or Rahane or Samson. Somebody who plays all the time
Even one fixing runs into billions.And Sree played atleast 3 games,Chandila played more i suppose. So even if they fix one incident every match that the 3 fixers played, the bookies earn a fortune. And as for the games those 3 didn't play, they can easily influence other cricketers.

The way matches have had twists and turns, one can have suspicions about every match. Even MI vs SRH match played at Wankhede. Looks like Thisara Parera fixed to give more than 20 runs in that 18th over. CSK vs RR match at Jaipur. Did Ashwin fix to give more than 20 runs in that over? :giggle:

Even one fixing runs into billions.And Sree played atleast 3 games,Chandila played more i suppose. So even if they fix one incident every match that the 3 fixers played, the bookies earn a fortune. And as for the games those 3 didn't play, they can easily influence other cricketers.
we are speculating now lets wait for Srini's statement and Delhi police statement. All i can thing of is that Delhi police have stumbled across something and have registered a case. They probably dont have any proof.
well lets look at this specific case, Chavan played yesterday and was apparently told to give 13 runs in the over, he gave away 2 The others did not even play In the case of Sree and Ajit, why would you even bother approaching these two to spot fix when they are not regulars in the side anyways? I can maybe understand you approach a Binny or Rahane or Samson. Somebody who plays all the time
Not really sure that specific incident has to happen. There was exchange of money in cash. Whether they delivered or not is irreleavant.