Any chance for CSK franchise to be terminated?

Mr Srinivasan has reportedly said that he was unaware of any betting activities by his son-in-law, claim sources in the Chennai franchise. The sources also added that Mr Meiyappan is not a formal part of Chennai Super Kings. Can any one explain what this means, considering he is CEO of CSK????
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Stop making stuff up to suit your anti-CSK agenda. Enron went bankrupt cause it was financially unsustainable' date=' not terminated cause the CEO and CFO went to jail. If Enron had money to sustain itself, it wouldn't have shut down.[/quote'] your wrong. Plenty of American companies go bankrupt. Especially airlines. They all use chapter 11 clause. Enron was terminated by regulators and had their license to trade revoked.

All this IMO boils down to Tamil fans of CSK protecting what they see as their only success in domestic cricket. If Mumbai were to be accused or this i for one would disown them. Probably because in the back of my mind i know that Mumbai are 40 time ranji and current ranji champions and have produced plenty of Indian cricketing legends over the past 80 odd years. Most Mumbaikars would think that way. You look at TN and they are 2 time ranji champions the last of which happened about a decade ago. I cant think of a single legend for India who has come out of TN. The only thing which is bringing their city and state the glory are the CSK franchise. There is nothing to fall back on. I think thats why the CSK brigade will defend their team come what may. That is a pathetic attitude to have IMO.

your wrong. Plenty of American companies go bankrupt. Especially airlines. They all use chapter 11 clause. Enron was terminated by regulators and had their license to trade revoked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron Post Bankruptcy Enron:
Enron initially planned to retain its three domestic pipeline companies as well as most of its overseas assets. However, before emerging from bankruptcy, Enron sold its domestic pipeline companies as CrossCountry Energy[citation needed] and sold other assets to Vulcan Capital Management.[30] Enron sold its last business, Prisma Energy, during 2006, leaving Enron asset-less.[citation needed] During early 2007, its name was changed to Enron Creditors Recovery Corporation. Its goal is to repay the old Enron's remaining creditors and end Enron's affairs. Azurix, the former water utility part of the company, remains under Enron ownership, although it is currently asset-less. It is involved in several litigations against the government of Argentina claiming compensation relating to the negligence and corruption of the local governance during its management of the Buenos Aires water concession during 1999, which resulted in substantial amounts of debt (approx. $620 million) and the eventual collapse of the branch.[citation needed] Soon after emerging from bankruptcy during November 2004, Enron's new board of directors sued 11 financial institutions for helping Lay, Fastow, Skilling and others hide Enron's true financial condition. The proceedings were dubbed the "megaclaims litigation." Among the defendants were Royal Bank of Scotland, Deutsche Bank and Citigroup. As of 2008, Enron has settled with all of the institutions, ending with Citigroup. Enron was able to obtain nearly $20 billion dollars to distribute to its creditors as a result of the megaclaims litigation.[citation needed] As of December 2009, some claim and process payments are still being distributed.

and i would like to state - If CSK owners/CEO are found guilty and if they win the IPL they must be stripped of it similar to how Juventus were stripped of the title because their CEO did something illegal in Serie A I would allow CSK to participate from next year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron Post Bankruptcy Enron:
but they were delisted from the stock market and their employees lost their jobs. all that were left were asset strippers who were ready to find enron owned assets to sell and repay the bond and stock holders. By that logic CSK must be delisted from the IPL. CSK assets must be sold off and given to the owners/bondholders of CSK
and i would like to state - If CSK owners/CEO are found guilty and if they win the IPL they must be stripped of it similar to how Juventus were stripped of the title because their CEO did something illegal in Serie A I would allow CSK to participate from next year.
I would like them to follow the Tour De France and strip them of all titles won till date by CSK
I would like them to follow the Tour De France and strip them of all titles won till date by CSK
more than the actual fiasco of a team principal betting on the IPL. what pisses me off the most now are statements like "he was never really part of CSK". When every tom dick and harry who is following the IPL knows that he was at the player auctions to the team dug out (before they banned team onwers). Its this sort of behavior which is the worst of the lot. I personally would not strip them of their past titles. According to the papers he started betting in 2011. So anything won April 2011 onwards must be put under the scanner. Their 2010 win should not be stripped IMO
more than the actual fiasco of a team principal betting on the IPL. what pisses me off the most now are statements like "he was never really part of CSK". When every tom dick and harry who is following the IPL knows that he was at the player auctions to the team dug out (before they banned team onwers). Its this sort of behavior which is the worst of the lot. I personally would not strip them of their past titles. According to the papers he started betting in 2011. So anything won April 2011 onwards must be put under the scanner. Their 2010 win should not be stripped IMO
that is what they know till now but I'm not so sure. Lets wait and watch as more details come out..