Twenty20: Dravid heaps praise on Dhoni

DesiChap

Twenty20: Dravid heaps praise on Dhonispacer.gifspacer.gifMahendra Singh Dhoni on Monday came in for rich praise from his predecessor Rahul Dravid, who felt India deserved to win the Twenty20 World Cup because of their amazing consistency. "Congratulation to Dhoni and his team. They played fantastic cricket throughout and certainly deserved to win the tournament," Dravid said. Along with Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly, Dravid had opted out of the Twenty20 World Cup and the former captain said, "In every match they got one or two scintillating performance and that contributed to the success. Those were critical performances." "It was a total team effort all along. I think the support staff also deserve a pat for their effort. It was great fun watching the tournament and the way they played," Dravid said. (PTI)

Finally we heard something from Dravid. I was getting worried at his silence even after this achievement. we were hearing about what Sachin or Ganguly had been saying during and after the event but Dravid had switched himself off completely from the rest of the world! Or so it seemed. Eager to see him in the ODI now.

What did one expect from Mr. Boring. :sad_smile: Glad he is gone and we get a more appropriate captain. You know what this means though don't you - we get "THE WALL" back - yee haa. It looks as if Dhoni is getting the test captaincy as well. Good.
Indeed. For all my appreciation of Dravid the batsman I never liked Dravid the captain, and the person who talked to the media. The same old "Boys did good cr@p". This is again where Dhoni comes as a whiff of fresh air. In the semis after the win he mentioned clearly how Harbhajan wanted to bowl 2nd last over and cut out runs, and then in finals he mentioned how Bhajji was not sure and hence Joginder Sharma got to bowl the last over. Thats what I want to hear from my captain. Keep it simple and straight. Audience are not idiots you know. Would have been nice to see Dravid mention Rohit Sharma or Yuvraj or RP Singh and why he thought Singh's bowling was decisive. But no it has to be "They played fantastic cricket and deserved to win the tournament"..Boycotts Mum would have said better things. xxx
The Rahul Dravid is channelizing all his energy and focus on his batting..and his technique...he is shining and polishing his armours which Team india will need desperately against aussies... he is busy making the walls of the fort tough enough to withstand the attack of aussies...
I hope so too. If he doesnt play well this series he might have to kiss his cricketing career goodbye.

Dravid always talks that way - why ridicule him for that? He is a quieter person relatively, that does not mean he is a weakling. I guess media will now spin its story. Radhika - I appreciate your support for the cricketer who has given immensely to Indian cricket over the last dozen years.