Who will you pick in your ODI team? [M. Clarke v Sarwan]

Who will you pick in your ODI team? [M. Clarke v Sarwan]  

1. 1.

• Michael Clarke
    • Ramnaresh Sarwan

Is he? Sarwan also played in a much weaker team than Clarke did. Stats are pretty much similar.
Doesn't make Sarwan a better player man. He has just had 1 - 2 good short period in ODIs and Clarke's played a lot more match winning knocks than Sarwan and hasn't really had a long bad patch in ODIs. Stats of Clarke is much superior. Don't go by averages in such situation. Trott's got an avg. over 50 but Clarke still ousts him as an ODI player. Clarke's SR was around 75, it has got better now and since the last 5-6 years Sarwan averages good but his SR is below 70.
Doesn't make Sarwan a better player man. He has just had 1 - 2 good short period in ODIs and Clarke's played a lot more match winning knocks than Sarwan and hasn't really had a long bad patch in ODIs. Stats of Clarke is much superior. Don't go by averages in such situation. Trott's got an avg. over 50 but Clarke still ousts him as an ODI player. Clarke's SR was around 75, it has got better now and since the last 5-6 years Sarwan averages good but his SR is below 70.
I never said he was.
Yep' date=' apart from Watson, Aus aren't that strong in their batting department.[/quote'] That has been the case for past 2 years or so. Earlier they had all sorts of good players : Haydos, Gilly, Ponting you name it.

In ODIs, its a tough one but i will go with Sarwan because at his best, he was more effective against pacers. In tests, its a no contest. Sarwan is immensely talented but never quite had the work ethic. He is one of the few cricketers I've heard of who literally stopped playing cricket professionally because he partied too much and got fat. Clarke is a thorough pro who's done excellent stuff with a wonky back.