we did it before

kabira

Win the test series against Australia in Aus and that Indian team would be assured immortality for ages to come, PERIOD. You can win as many one-dayers/20-20 world cups as you want , but the players themselves know which is the real deal, which is exactly why many cricketers would be bemused at the over-top celebrations for the Indian victory in 20-20 cup. Come to think of it , i would rate the Adelaide performance in 2004 over this 20-20 thingy any day of the year , any time of day..

a solo test win against a depleted attack vs a world championship with successive wins against full strength ENG' date=' SAF, AUS and then PAK. paagal comparison.[/quote'] Oh no it isnt. India played a total of 18 hours of cricket in the entire world cup , while they fought out a total of nearly 45 in that test alone. To win a test match after facing a 500+ score in the first innings by the opposition and you yourself are 85-4 in your 1st inning , against a batting line-up of Hayden , Langer , Ponting, Martyn , Steve Waugh, Gilchrist etc takes much more skill , courage and mental toughness than this 20-20 thingy, where newbies like Rohit sharma and Joginder sharma can get away with a few swipes and pathetic last over wides and short balls. To put in short , in test cricket the heroes create the situation. In 20/20 , the situation creates the heroes. If i were part of 20/20 team , i would feel VERY guilty at the moment asking myself - " What did i do to deserve all this praise ? " :haha:
yes' date=' they should go back to timeless tests which would require infinite amount of skill. :haha:[/quote'] I can see that you have absolutely NO defense for 20/20 except for the fact that it gets over in 3 hours ! :D If we are to have parade in Mumbai for 20/20 , i implore the Indian govt to declare a national holiday if India wins the test series in Aus.
I can see that you have absolutely NO defense for 20/20 except for the fact that it gets over in 3 hours ! :D If we are to have parade in Mumbai for 20/20 , i implore the Indian govt to declare a national holiday if India wins the test series in Aus.
my defense in the tournament. you just had to see the games to be convinced. if not, assume that SRT opened instead of Gambhir and see if that convinces you. :haha: