Indian Team on a Flight..

jus hate these lifeless lunatics who goes arnd begging for autographs..... comeon leave the players in their privacy.... its really pathetic to see this dude hunting for autographsssss "sir autograph pls sir autograph pls.... instead he could gone to thirupathi sit in a nice place and jus say sir coins pls sir coins pls... he cud have atleast earned some moneyyyyyy wothout sweating..... damnnnnnn

jus hate these lifeless lunatics who goes arnd begging for autographs..... comeon leave the players in their privacy.... its really pathetic to see this dude hunting for autographsssss "sir autograph pls sir autograph pls.... instead he could gone to thirupathi sit in a nice place and jus say sir coins pls sir coins pls... he cud have atleast earned some moneyyyyyy wothout sweating..... damnnnnnn
Hain ? Asking for an autograph from a cricketer you idolize is no way comparble to asking alms in front of a temple. We make stars out of cricketers , giving them the million. They are incumbent to respect the cricket fan. Signing an autograph is the least thing he can do , in that aspect.

Maybe, but the players seem to be taking some rest or reading a newspaper, sleeping etc. Just let them be. We do good in whatever our profession. We dont go around signing autographs. Cricketers do a good job - appreciate them. No need to disturb them for the autographs. No big deal - they are not Gods, just professionals who do a job like you and me. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

Maybe, but the players seem to be taking some rest or reading a newspaper, sleeping etc. Just let them be. We do good in whatever our profession. We dont go around signing autographs. Cricketers do a good job - appreciate them. No need to disturb them for the autographs. No big deal - they are not Gods, just professionals who do a job like you and me. My opinion, your mileage may vary.
Stardom and privacy are two mutually exclusive phenomena. You cant have both.
Stardom and privacy are two mutually exclusive phenomena. You cant have both.
Yes. Agree, but my point is a lil different, IMO - I would not go and ask for an autograph. I'd like to talk to them if they are free and have a small chat about cricket because it is of interest to me. No autograph seeking (speaking for myself). As a kid, that may have seemed big for me. But, not now. They do a job, and I'm not going to fall head over heels.
Yes. Agree, but my point is a lil different, IMO - I would not go and ask for an autograph. I'd like to talk to them if they are free and have a small chat about cricket because it is of interest to me. No autograph seeking (speaking for myself). As a kid, that may have seemed big for me. But, not now. They do a job, and I'm not going to fall head over heels.
That is entirely your personal preference, which you are fully entitled to have. But to say no fan should go and ask for an autograph from a cricketer is not acceptable. The cricketers owe more than a solitary autograph to us , IMO.

Actually, I dont understand how they "owe" it? They dont compel you to watch their matches. You can very well say, "No one watches me while I work, why should I watch others at work"? You watch because you want to (I do too). So, they dont "owe" anything? If you want to vote with your foot, and not watch, they cant do jack about it.

Ofcourse they do, simply because we watching them at "work" is what gets them the ads , millions and star-studded lifestyle.Conversely, it doesnt make sense for me to say - " Nobody watches me work" , simply because irrrespective of whether my work has any audience or not , i would still get paid the same amount. It doesnt work that way for a cricketer. The more the people watching him play , the more benefit he stands to gain from it. No cricketer in his senses would actually go on record and say - " Please dont watch me play. I dont need all this publicity , money etc" . Everyone knows that if us the fans stopped watching cricket, Yuvraj wouldnt have gotten his Porche 911 , or the luxurious villa at Amby Valley given Sahara. So they actually GAIN something from us. We have the right to demand a piece of their time/convenience/privacy.

No we don't. If they are benevolent enough to give it' date=' it is appreciated but we have no rights on anyone's privacy and convenience.[/quote'] I didnt mean it as in we could barge into their house in the middle of the night and ask them to recollect their favorite cricketing moments or something. That is uncivilized. But a cricketer say visting a shopping mall shouldnt complain if he is mobbed. Yes , he is losing his wont of having to choose his clothes in peace , but that is an inevitable consequence of being a star.
Inevitable' date=' yes. But right, no.[/quote'] Why isnt that right ? By following Indian cricket as much as we do , we the fans literally pay the cricketers. Isnt it justfied for me to expect the cricketers to respect that interest and the passion that we have ? Agreed , the best way to do that is to win matches for India but cricketers do have a social responsibility.

I totally agree. These players have no privacy whatsoever. I once sat next to Venkatesh Prasad on a flight and he gave me 3 hours of hell. Kept begging me for autographs (one for him, one for his brother, his 12 cousins and 16 nieces and nephews) until i finally obliged. I would eventually spike his Mango Frooti with a sleep inducing pill and then push him into the bathroom. Damn Indian kirkutters.

why are they bigger than you, me, us? their job is cricket, ours is a doc, engineer, lawyer, artist etc. we are stars too if they are. they arent if we arent. Recognize the, but dont put them on a pedestal.
Wow , that is the strangest piece of logic i have ever come across , to be honest. We would be just kidding ourselves if we start proclaiming ourselves to be as big a star as the cricketers. Dont confuse dignity for self and self-esteem into this F'leg. Even the most self-respecting person could be the biggest cricketer-worshipper.
Why isnt that right ? By following Indian cricket as much as we do ' date=' we the fans literally pay the cricketers. Isnt it justfied for me to expect the cricketers to respect that interest and the passion that we have ? Agreed , the best way to do that is to win matches for India but cricketers do have a social responsibility.[/quote'] No they don't owe any social responsibility more than any one of us. Their job is to play cricket, our job is not to follow the sport. If they gain any benefits from our following of them, in the process getting entertained and gratified, how are they liable to share the benefits with us. We have already got we wanted when the winning run and hundred was scored. But on a personal level, we have nothing to do with them and they are not obliged in any way to do with us.